web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Nah Skip, that's no better than what's included with the UPS. He needs to rent this for a week, hook it up and let it run. That's the only way to prove or disprove a power problem.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
all his APC software is telling him is power in

pulling the plug and watching tells us if sufficient power is getting to the ACS

quick and easy test that I always do on any install before I leave

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
4 months later and its still not resolved. You
are spending way to much time on this...hopefully
the electrician will find the problem and fix it.

No, I wasn't arguing with that Skip. That's a good thing to do.

4 months later and its still not resolved.

I'm surprised the customer is still in business.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
maybe the AA greeting says something like

"if this call is disconnected for any reason please call back ...We value your business"

"quick whats your number in case the system re sets"

smile

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Electrician was not much help. He is going to install a dedicated circuit for the system on Wednesday.

The system had just gone from last Tuesday until this Monday without crashing. Then, after our tech left the site yesterday after meeting with the electrician, it crashed twice.

My tech thought last week that perhaps the Auto Attendant on the large mail card was getting confused when too many calls were coming in, so he set up a delayed ring to help relieve any congestion. Then the system stayed up for almost a week, so we thought we were on to something. But again, two crashes yesterday.

My tech thought last week that perhaps the Auto Attendant on the large mail card was getting confused when too many calls were coming in, so he set up a delayed ring to help relieve any congestion.

I don't know how much clearer we can be. You have an ACS with nothing connected to it and not handling calls and it crashes too. Do you really think too many calls are causing this?

I don't want to be rude but if I were your customer I would have fired you and called another company in long ago. It doesn't look like you have a clue.

-Hal

AMEN to that,Hal. This has been painful to
read over the months...You have tried the patience of the guru's in this forum...and have
been given very clear answers to the problem and
yet refuse to move forward...time to bring another company who can get this resoloved...I
suggest the Mod's close this topic.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

The electrician installed the new dedicated circuit this morning. We have brought up the idea of using the monitoring equipment to the customer and they are reluctant to spend the money. I should point out that the reason the customer has not fired us is because we have not charged them for any of 30+ visits to try to resolve this issue. The customer wants us to prove that it is the phone system causing the problem and make it go away, which we've been unable to do. They don't want to spend any money on their own to research any other issues, i.e. AC power.

We checked the log on the two processors (the system and the stand alone) today. The system had reset twice this week. The stand alone has still only reset 1 time in total in over 3 weeks. An interesting twist is the last reset on the system had a 2008 date. All of the other resets have had the correct date. We verified that the system date was correct.

The customer wants us to prove that it is the phone system causing the problem

So, you are not the company that originally installed it and you were brought in by the customer to show that the phone system is causing the problem?

-Hal

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,787
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,109 Shoretel
188,988 CTX100 install
187,373 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 4
dans 4
Who's Online Now
5 members (mongo5150, teleco, Carl Navarro, justbill, Toner), 132 guests, and 162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024