web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Specs are:
3.5mm Stereo Jack socket. Switching Capacity - 0.7A.
• Maximum Voltage - 55V DC. On state resistance - 0.7.
• Short circuit current - 1A. Reverse circuit current capacity - 1.4A.

Any device that operates under these specs should work just fine. I agree that, for door release, you need a controller or relay in the middle. I also agree that, if you go outside of these specs, smoke can be expected.

We've used with a variety of door controllers using the REX (Request to Exit) contacts. Have also used with Viking door controller. Been installed for quite some time with no troubles.

So, I'm not sure why you suggest that "No, read the specs..."

Mike

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

So, I'm not sure why you suggest that "No, read the specs..."

Sorry, meant to edit that out.

I agree that if what you are using falls within those specs you would be OK but you would have to be knowledgeable enough to be able to tell or find out that what you are controlling meets them. That output is not meant to be used directly.

Most times the door system is handled by someone who has nothing to do with phone systems. Also the opposite is true- the phone guy has no knowledge of the door system so there is a great chance that there is going to be a big problem.

I have no idea why Avaya didn't just carry over the contact closure adjunct that had real relays with SPDT contacts for each closure. The phone guy provides the adjunct and the door guy picks it up from there and can do anything he wants with the SPDT dry contacts that are clearly labeled on easy to use terminal blocks.

In my experience most installations are simple 24VAC transformer with a 24VAC door strike. You are not going to control that directly from the output but I guarantee many will try.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,325 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 110 guests, and 343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024