Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
I have run into this same problem with a Partner system not displaying CID when supplied by a cable modem.
did it work on a SLT in your case but not on the ACS Hal ?

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
We recently had a similar Comcast headache on a different product. Same problem, same blame. SLT good, KSU bad. When replacing the KSU failed to restore CID, my tech had Comcast check something and service was restored. I will try to find what that item was.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Yes Skip, it did.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Comcast is a BROADBAND CABLE COMPANY that decided to get into the phone biz. And like so many other CLECs, they've not done their homework.

Home phones are a lousy way to determine the worthiness of a line as they seem to tolerate all kinds of sloppiness...squarewave rings, blah blah.

Comcast has a protocol called XMPP. I understand that their cable TV customers can get Caller ID screen pops while they're watching the tube. But let's be honest, that's not Bellcore FSK. So while it may work on a Trimline, it's not exactly a surprise that the PACS may not like it.

NOT the fault of the Partner ACS. Period.

Allow me to quote a similar tale that I heard from Touchtone Tommy:

"A call would ring in, CID would show on the display, they would pick up the handset, the ringing on the phone would stop, the line turns green, but no one would be there. Put the handset back in the cradle, and the line would start ringing again, but this time NO CID. Lift the handset and the caller would be there. The entire time the caller was hearing ringback.

Did the standard troubleshooting, swap the lines from CO1 to CO2, see if the problem follows, happened mostly first thing in the morning for the customer, but I could never duplicate it.

We put a single line phone on the CO side ahead of the Partner, and asked them to answer on that when they answered on the Partner and no one was there. Wierd thing was that while the 2500 was connected, that line never experienced the problem!! It was on CO1, it was fine but they had the problem on CO2. Moved the 2500 to CO2, and the problem came back to CO1."

He concluded that the CO was providing the incorrect impedance which, by the way, plays a role in proper FSK signaling. Booyah.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
I understand that their cable TV customers can get Caller ID screen pops while they're watching the tube. But let's be honest, that's not Bellcore FSK. So while it may work on a Trimline, it's not exactly a surprise that the PACS may not like it.

I don't think what they send to the set top boxes for CID screen pops has anything to do with the CID FSK that is supposed to come out of the EMTA (cable voice modem).

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
All that we did to fix our problem was to follow tech support's advice (in this case, Vertical).
We asked Comcast to reset their Caller ID signal. Then the CID passed thru the KSU again.
It's all magic isn't it?

- Dave S. -

More like voodoo.

-Hal

But it proved it was Comcast, not the equipment. Would it be too much to hope for for Comcast to hire someone with some telecom experience and savvy? I've been fighting with them for 3 months on another simple issue and finally had to tell the customer that I am giving up.

- Dave S. -

We all knew it was Comcast. Problem was getting them to understand it. I just discovered a problem with Cablevision "business class phone service" today. If somebody calls other than the lead or first line in a hunt group and that line is busy it will not hunt to the next, caller gets a busy. Customer service says that's the way it works. I explain that it's common for customers to just hit last number redial to return a call and I can't always use line one to call out. His solution was to use CID blocking on all lines except #1. Also, if I had a phone system it will take care of the problem. :scratch:

So you see what we are dealing with.

I'm pretty sure thats how hunt works with Verizon around here Hal , if you call the Main (pilot number ) and its busy it hunts through the group . if you call any of the lines direct and its busy then it doesn't hunt but rather returns a busy .

when its a issue like you mentioned we try to get the carrier to use the pilot number for outgoing CID

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,760
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,430 Shoretel
188,210 CTX100 install
187,069 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 82 guests, and 125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024