web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
It's all in the switch programming. With Verizon here I can check the hunting by just going down the line dialing each number itself and seeing if the next one rings.

Also with cable telephone I don't think you can split a group of lines into two or more hunt groups. For example a customer may have four voice lines and two fax lines. If he wants the fax lines to hunt he's out of luck.

These are all things that are taken for granted with real phone companies but unfortunately cable companies have little telecom expertise so details like this go over their heads. Their switch is probably capable of handling these options if they only knew to (and how to) change it from the default settings.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
I realize its switch programing but it dosen't work that way last time I checked here with the "real phone companies " like I said pilot hunts , members return busy ...I'll give it a try tomorrow , if they have changed it its a fairly recent change

if I need to determine hunt order I busy one and see where it goes ...busy one and two and see where it goes ...busy one two and three and see it where it goes etc etc

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Always been that way here as far back as I've been in the business Skip.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
that's interesting Hal, it must be the switch's I was thinking about it when I was walking the dog and honestly its been awhile since I tried It but I remember getting complaints about for the reason you mentioned and Verizon telling me it couldn't be done ...I'll check it out tomorrow

Skip

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Pacific Bell (now at&t) it works that way, go off hook on any line in the hunt group, and dial its own number, it will hunt to the next line in the group.

GTE (now VeriZon), only calls directed to the pilot will hunt. Calls directed to any other line in the group will ring if idle, but NOT hunt if busy.

(I'm in an at&t area, but VeriZon territory starts 30 miles south of us)

Our most popular CLEC does it that way as well, they say it's easier from a programming standpoint.

So clip onto line 1, call it, see if it hunts to line 2. Hang up, take a pair of nested bridge clips and stick them between line 2's bridge clips, to busy it out, and go back to line 1 and call it again. Line 3 rings, lather, rinse, repeat

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
only calls directed to the pilot will hunt
For the past 30+ years I never saw hunting work with that sorry limitation. Never too late to learn something new I guess. puke

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

I tested it on a Verizon customer today , 8 lines in rotary . grabbed line 3 , ANI Then ,went off hook and dialed it direct

BUSY
no hunt .

I'm in Verizon Territory but to the south and to the east is century Link . I'll give it a try next time I'm working there

I am curios so I'll start testing it with CLECS too

Skip

Can Verizon provide a circular hunt? That might be a good work-around for this changing topic. Otherwise, CID will need the same outgoing # on every line as previously mentioned.

- Dave S. -

I just looked at Cablevision's hunting and there is a circular option. They describe it as:

Circular: This option varies the starting point for the hunt group and allows for an even distribution of calls within the group. Calls will be routed to the first idle line starting with the line directly after the line of which the last call was completed. The hunt will then follow the sequence as indicated in the Hunt Sequence.

What the hell does "calls will be routed to the first idle line starting with the line directly after the line of which the last call was completed" mean? Sounds more like ACD to me.

-Hal

Sure sounds like ACD to me too. Perhaps Cablevision can't offer circular hunting and puts a spin on what they can do. My understanding of circular is hunting to the next line when the called line is busy and if the last line is called, it then moves to line one, etc.

PS. I wish there was someone somewhere who was a final authority on the descriptions of terms and service features. It seems like every manufacturer and TelCo makes up their own definition. Do we have deregulation to thank for this?

- Dave S. -

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,785
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,073 Shoretel
188,981 CTX100 install
187,371 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (R4+Z, dans), 152 guests, and 181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024