Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hi Guys,
I have a problem. Hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction. I have been tasked with trying to reset the bell schedule at our school. I'm not a techie, but am reasonably competent. The previous person who did the job left suddenly and left nothing behind. It is a Dukane phone system, probably from the late 80's or thereabouts. I have a Starcall Operation Manual and am able to enter the codes to change the time (code 750) and to activate/deactivate schedules (code 752). But I am stumped as to how to modify an existing bell schedule or to create a new one. Perhaps someone has a code or dial sequence that they wouldn't mind sharing...something that could get me going in the right direction. I've spend literally days scouring the internet for tips and have come up really empty. Anything would be greatly appreciated. Secondly, (thinking long-term here), does computer software exist that could replace our archaic system? I would think that it ought to be possible to sit down at the office computer and handle it all from there. Thanks for listening...any advice appreciated. -Frank

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Frank in order to program the STARCall system, you need Dukane's RAPID programming software.

If you tell me your zip code, I can get you in touch with your local Dukane dealer to obtain a copy.

Last edited by tim10; 11/06/14 07:02 AM.
OP Offline
Tim: Thanks. I'd definitely appreciate that info. My Postal Code (B.C., Canada) is V2A 4B7. I assume though that some sort of programming software already exists on the phone, because the bells have been successfully programmed in our building for many years. We would certainly welcome an upgrade to something more advanced though.

Flip the phone over and tell me what the model number is. If it is 7A1110 then you certainly have the STARCall system. I am a Dukane dealer myself and I can tell you there is no way to program that system unless you have the RAPID software.

If the model number is ACC4 or ACC5 then you have the MCS350 system and it is possible to program it through the phone.

OP Offline
Just checked - the phone IS model 7A1110. Thanks for your advice - it has been hugely helpful. We just located an old computer way in the back of a seldom-used maintenance room. Sure enough, it has the Rapid software on it. The config file on the computer has a bell schedule, but strangely enough it is an old schedule that hasn't been used in our building for years. So....not quite sure what's driving the current bell schedule....the mystery continues. Thanks again for your help.

The programming resides in the STARCall's memory. You can download the program from the STARCall with your RAPID software, edit it as needed and then transmit the new program back to the system.

Depending on the version of RAPID you have, all of the documentation for it is included in the "online help" built into the software and it is quite detailed.

Be careful though, because you can wipe out your entire system's programming if you hit the wrong button. Then you will have to restore the system from that old backup...

Last edited by tim10; 11/06/14 08:55 PM.
OP Offline
Thanks again. We now have it all sorted out. Much appreciated. -Frank

I saw your post to this and am also very interested in the Rapid software. I hope you will be able to help us.

We have the same system as Frank described and don't see it being replaced anytime soon and we need to be able to adjust our bell schedule. Our zip is 98011.

Thanks, Jack

Hi Jack -

Welcome to the forums!

Just something to check, if your school is part a school board, then maybe staff in the board may have a copy of the RAPID software that you could use.

I know that in the school boards in my area, the school board technicians require copies of the documentation/software.

Matteo

I have a Dukane Model 7A1100B which our school is trying to resurrect the bell system for. It was disabled by the previous administration. It is unclear what method was used to disable the bells, and the tech from that time is no longer here. Using the operators manual I set up new time events for the bell system. To the best of my knowledge, everything looks correct, however, no bells sound.

In looking at the wiring, it seems as though some adjustments were made sometime after the initial installation. There were existing time events set up before I created the new ones, which leads me to believe the system may have been "disabled" by changing the wiring.

Does anyone have an idea how I can begin to determine why the bells don't ring.

~Nicole

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,739
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,291 Shoretel
188,177 CTX100 install
187,020 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
jc2it 4
dexman 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (dexman, Toner, sk), 110 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024