web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#554471 07/05/13 06:13 PM
wowsers Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello Again,
I've been trying to follow an older post regarding how to program an Axxess system to block or hang up an unwanted incoming caller. I've been trying various things but have been unsuccessful.

We have a PRI that is setup as CO Trunk Group 9201 with Day Ring In type set to CRT1. CRT1 is configured to have all calls ring my extension: Ring in Type = Single Ring in Destination = 81110.

So to try and configure to block a particular number, I changed the Ring in type to call routing table and changed ring in destination to CRT4.

I then go into CRT4, right click the screen > batch create patterns > DID and enter the following:
Enter the Name Prefix: BLOCK (assume this is the description)
Enter the initial DID Pattern: 41359519 (full number is actually 4135951956.
Ring in type- single
Ring in destination - announcement 2500

I must be entering something wrong because after doing the above with a cell phone number as a test, the call to my DID goes to the attendant and does not hang up. I know announcement 2500 works as intended because I tested on my DID to have it ring directly to 2500 and it hangs up as intended.

I always appreciate the help so thank you in advance.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

https://sundance-communications.com...rop/Search/true/Drop_Call_Help#Post67282

Pay close attention to the instructions on changing the Call Routing Key.

wowsers Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks DND. I went back and reviewed everything after reading the post and it seems my Call Routing Key was already set to Outside Party as I was testing different configs. I finally figured out what I had to do. After right clicking in CRT4 to create a pattern, the Enter Prefix and Enter DID Pattern fields is misleading. It actually doesn't accept the entire 13 digits of the pattern. What I had to do was just type in what I mentioned above then after clicking ok it takes me to the main CRT4 screen where I can just click once under pattern and enter the number I need. I can click once under description and can change that as well. I did follow your advice to add + and e which was actually kind of how I figured out the issue. I tried it after adding + and the pattern worked so I knew it was some kind of input error. Thanks DND, have a great weekend!

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 128 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024