atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: markcosta UK - ADSL thru PBX - 08/25/05 06:43 AM
Hi,

We have a Samsung phone system installed and a BT line on which ADSL is enabled. I'd like to connect the BT line to the PBX, and know that I need to basically connect in a microfilter like this:

BT Line ---> Microfilter Analogue Phone Port ---> Samsung PBX
|
|
|--------->Microfilter ADSL Port----> ADSL Modem

I've stripped back the wires on a the Microfilter and I've got a red and a green wire, do I connect these to the two wires that provide the BT line (which terminates in an 'NTTU'), if so, does it matter which way around?

I've then plugged a phone lead into the analogue phone port on the Microfilter and stripped back the wires on this to find another pair of red and green wires. So do I then plug these into my phone system's board?

Any help would be appreciated, many thanks!

Mark

------------------
No matter where you go,
there you are!
Posted By: WRichey Re: UK - ADSL thru PBX - 08/25/05 10:55 AM
Why did you strip the wires? and yes it still connects the same reguardless of the matching wires

the filter is doing the cleaning and I would go with the color code grn to grn red to red keep the tip and ring correct try to remember snow on the trees(white/green) and ornaments(red ring) I hope that was easy to understand

as far as the pbx end I wouldent use the silver satin its a stranded wire I would crimp a modplug onto the end of some cross connect wire and then to the nttu but you way should work ok
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help