atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: username Potential Fraud in Southern California - 08/25/05 03:16 PM
I received a suspicious call today from a person in southern California who wanted to buy some Toshiba equipment. I have been defrauded before by sending a delivery COD cashier check and getting a counterfeit cashier check. I am not 100% sure but the person hung up on me when I started inquiring into it further. If you have someone call you and he is in Southern California and wants the items shipped COD "secure," BEWARE.
Posted By: WRichey Re: Potential Fraud in Southern California - 08/25/05 07:50 PM
there are a bunch of telecom refurbers in california that are up and up but that guy probably was not
Posted By: Z-man Re: Potential Fraud in Southern California - 08/25/05 11:13 PM
When in doubt, request COD payment via Postal money order. They are almost impossible to counterfit, and unlike ANY other money order or cashiers check, you cannot stop payment on a Postal money order.
Posted By: ntcp Re: Potential Fraud in Southern California - 08/26/05 03:28 AM
Not True!

I received $3,000 in bad Postal Money Orders last month. Even the Post Office clerk thought they were good. When I deposited them the bank teller cautioned me. She said Bad Postal Money Orders were becoming common, the bad ones are almost impossible to detect.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help