atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: witttom Recovering VM from Merlin Legend (Need Help) - 08/26/05 06:43 AM
My apologies for posting this in the general forum. I'm not sure where else to put it.

I am desperately trying to recover some extremely important voicemails from a decommissioned Merlin Lengend system. This system was taken out of service serveral months back and replaced with a newer system. I thought that I didn't need the voicemails. Now I do (urgently).

I have reassembled this system the best that I can, but my knowledge of this equipment is extremely limited.

I have the backplane (I guess thats what you would call it) and all of the modules plugged into it. I do not know if I have them in a correct order(?), but it all fits. I have power to the units and I can bring it up, but I don't know how to tap into it. I have one of the phones, but don't know how to connect it. Virtually all of my ports appear to be RJ45 type connections.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

------------------
Tom Witt
Best to give someone a call.
I agree, call someone and let them help you. Z-man should be able to get you going fairly quickly if all you want to do is recover some voice mails.
Z-man is giving me some technical assistance via email. Hopefully, I'll be able to pull this off. Won't need to put this system back into service. All I need is the VMs. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help