atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: 5Etek-mike 64k BRI for Video Teleconference? - 12/15/06 06:14 PM
When assigning new ISDN BRI VTC circuits in the 5E, I normally assign 6 spids, spread over three multi-point 128kb BRIs, to allow a total of 384kb, which provides quality service for video and sound.

However, I recently visited a customer having an issue with their 128kb VTC circuit connecting with sound, but no video [very old Polycom System]. The customer said the circuit worked fine fine for them until just before they had contacted me earlier that day. I dialed back to the 5E and noticed that their BRI was assigned with only one spid/ point-to-point/64k. I reassigned the BRI to multi-point, added a second spid for the B2 channel, which quickly resolved their problem.

I'm just curious how the original BRI assignment in the 5E was able to support the VTC with only one spid/point-to-point/64k for both sound and video..it just puzzles me...it seems to me that someone was truly "workin' some MAJIC!!"

Thank you for your time in reading my post, and I really enjoy this site!!
Posted By: anthonyh Re: 64k BRI for Video Teleconference? - 12/15/06 06:59 PM
Got me mike...I do it the same way as you..would really like to know how they did it though
Posted By: 5Etek-mike Re: 64k BRI for Video Teleconference? - 12/16/06 06:02 AM
My only guess is that their Polycom must have a "64kb x 2" setting burried somewhere..that would somehow work well with the 5E point-to-point BRI [I couldn't find it]. They said this circuit had worked for them for "years and years". This must be one of the "forefounding" VTC circuits.

Thank you again, Anthony.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help