atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: traffic101 call transfer question - 10/28/07 03:24 PM
Hi I'm hoping someone can help me. Does anyone know if its possible to call two diferent people connect them then disconnect myself while leaving them connected?
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: call transfer question - 10/28/07 03:34 PM
Welcome to the board. welcome
Your going to have to give us more information. Are you on a key system/PBX, if so what type and model? We also would like to know why, and who you are. Many systems have this function blocked or password protected for obvious reasons.
Posted By: traffic101 Re: call transfer question - 10/28/07 07:45 PM
Hi, thanks for your reply. My name is Armen Geo. I am an entrepreneur currently investigating the possibility of a new business venture. A main requirement for the new business is to be able to call two different phone numbers connect them together then disconnect leaving the two callers connected.

I’m not sure if this is even possible to do. I have no specific hardware in mind. I am open to any solution.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks
Posted By: The Grim Reaper Re: call transfer question - 10/28/07 07:51 PM
There is a feature offered by the phone company called "transfer and clear" that lets you do that. I think it may be part of Centrex.
Posted By: traffic101 Re: call transfer question - 10/28/07 08:08 PM
Hi but doesnt that require one of the two callers to call me first?
Posted By: MooreTel Re: call transfer question - 10/29/07 03:59 AM
No
Posted By: liquidvw Re: call transfer question - 10/29/07 06:01 AM
This can be done via a trunk to trunk transfer in Communication Manager.
Posted By: Kumba Re: call transfer question - 10/29/07 06:30 AM
Verizon here calls that feature "analog transfer". You hook-flash, dial the number, as soon as it rings (call-setup is done) you hang up. You are still liable for the LD of party A when they are transferred to party B.
Posted By: Kyle Re: call transfer question - 10/29/07 06:46 AM
Some carriers call this feature call transfer disconnect.
Posted By: traffic101 Re: call transfer question - 10/29/07 08:34 AM
Is it possible to do this uusing VoIP?
Posted By: RCA Re: call transfer question - 10/29/07 08:50 AM
That would depend on what your definition of VOIP is.
Posted By: Kumba Re: call transfer question - 10/29/07 09:01 AM
Traffic: It is possible to do it with voip, but the question is wether your hardware can do it. You can do a Sip Reinvite between two clients and they will connect directly to each other for the RTP (audio) stream, and the server just controls the Sip stream. This is all A) highly dependant upon your hardware and B) Highly dependant on your remote endpoint abilities/internet configuration.
Posted By: fifty5footer Re: call transfer question - 10/29/07 09:08 AM
PM sent!
Posted By: traffic101 Re: call transfer question - 10/29/07 09:14 AM
First thanks to all of you for your replies. I'm not very aware of how phone systems work so I appreciate your patience.

Just to make sure you completely understand my needs let me give you some more details.

The two callers I will be connecting will be different people every time. They may be on cell phones or on land lines. The callers will not be on any sort of PBX system.

After I connect the two callers and disconnect my self, I need my lines to be free so I can make other connections and calls.

I prefer VoIP since then I wont incur and LD charges.

Based on these points what would you professionals suggest?

Thanks
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help