atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bf6b5yr Phone Suggestion - 04/03/12 04:40 AM
Can any of you suggest a cordless phone that would be easy to use for a person with dementia? The person has a cordless that she has used for years but now the fact that she has to push a button to answer a call has become an issue. We’d like to stay with the cordless option if possible. I figured if anyone had suggestions it would be this group. Thanks.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Phone Suggestion - 04/03/12 05:24 AM
Gary

maybe something like this clarity big button cordless with talking CID I don't think you'll find anything that doesn't require the use of a button to answer but maybe the big button and talking CID will help
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Phone Suggestion - 04/03/12 08:58 AM
Actually, quite a few cordless phones will auto answer when being removed from the base unit while ringing.

I've actually had the reverse, where clients will hit the talk button after picking up the cordless off of the base which cancels the call when they do.
Posted By: bf6b5yr Re: Phone Suggestion - 04/03/12 11:49 AM
Thanks for the replies. I welcome any other suggestions. Again, thanks!
Posted By: horelcool Re: Phone Suggestion - 11/02/12 07:39 PM
you have to just go through simplaphone:

The SimplaPhone is equipped with plenty of easy to use features to make using the phone a breeze for the eldery, people with dementia, cognitive problems, and for people with learning difficulties. The SimplaPhone allows a carer (or user) to take a snapshot of a person they would like to add to the telephone memory dials. Uploading of the photo is done automatically when the walk-about handset is placed on the charger base station. You simply add a name and number to the photo then you’re ready to touch and talk. Additionally, photo’s can be uploaded from a USB flash drive making it real easy to include distant friends or family. It’s so easy, it’s a SimplaPhone to use.
Its part of a Toshiba system, but the Toshiba cordless will answer when taken out of a base station if it is set to ring that phone.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help