atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: trex a solution device name needed... - 08/01/12 08:52 PM
Hello everyone!

Someone told me that there is a device that you insert a cell phone sim card, then on this device it has a regular analog phone jack so I can plug in a regular analog phone, and it receives the dial tone and line from the cell phone sim card in this magical device. Does anyone know the name of this device , and yes I am interested in buying one to try it out, just in case somebody here sells this.

Thanks!
Posted By: Owain Re: a solution device name needed... - 08/02/12 02:18 AM
fixed cellular terminal. A brand name is/was Premicell.
Posted By: TA in KC Re: a solution device name needed... - 08/02/12 10:04 AM
It doesn't use just the SIM card, but I use an XLink Bluetooth Gateway to use my cell phone as a CO line on my Panasonic & Nortel systems at home. Purchased "refurbished" from eBay for approximately $35. Works great and I've been very pleased with it. "Cobra" also makes a similar device.
Posted By: hbiss Re: a solution device name needed... - 08/02/12 02:57 PM
Yeah. Any of the devices I have heard of use your cell phone and provide a phone jack. Easiest way is with Bluetooth. I can't see what a sim card would do, many phones don't even use them anymore.

-Hal
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: a solution device name needed... - 08/02/12 03:43 PM
The generic term for the device you need is "cell phone dock"

Here is the one I sell to my customers:

C L I C K
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: a solution device name needed... - 08/02/12 05:40 PM
I don't think he's looking for a Bluetooth device. I think he wants to get analog dialtone from a SIM card:

https://www.aristel.com.au/userguides/AN1003QuickInstallationGuideRev1.3.pdf
Posted By: ttech Re: a solution device name needed... - 08/02/12 06:17 PM
Here it is

https://www.multitech.com/en_US/PRODUCTS/Families/MultiConnectAW/
Posted By: hbiss Re: a solution device name needed... - 08/02/12 06:35 PM
I think he wants to get analog dialtone from a SIM card

Well, that's not really accurate for either of those devices. They are actually a fixed cell receiver/transmitter that provides a POTS interface. The SIM card is there to provide an identity.

Thing is I got the impression that the OP is looking to pull the SIM card out of his cell phone and stick it into something that will give him dial tone.

-Hal
Posted By: Arthur P. Bloom Re: a solution device name needed... - 08/03/12 07:20 AM
Seems a lot easier to leave the SIM card where it is, and stick the cell phone into the docking device. But who am I to tell someone else where to stick it?
Posted By: hbiss Re: a solution device name needed... - 08/03/12 08:19 AM
I agree. At most get another cell account and cheap phone just for that. For what the OP wants I can't see any difference between that and one of those devices.

-Hal
Posted By: Carnage Re: a solution device name needed... - 09/18/12 08:32 AM
Once had a houseboat with a 2 SIM Fixed Celular Terminal on it. Worked fine. Used cordless handsets around the boat and about 500 feet ashore. Could also receice faxes and had caller ID. Used one number for incoming, the other for outgoing.

Can also be used in conjunction with your PABX to allow mobile to mobile calls through your system. If you have done a deal with you provider for free provider mobile to provider mobile calls then an FCT unit can do wonders.

Checkout eBay. I bought one resently for $45 new. Cheap and nasty Chinese unit.

Best I have come across are the old Ericsson units.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help