atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phonelnk leads - 09/18/14 04:34 AM
Been a tech for 15 years. Just started selling equipment and cable. Any advice on how to track down new sales leads? Where are good places to find cable jobs to bid on? Thanks, for any help!
Posted By: helpifican Re: leads - 09/18/14 12:34 PM
One source is local government RFP's. Search the internet for any government sites and local schools. Most have a bidding/RFP link.
Posted By: sundance Re: leads - 09/18/14 05:19 PM
Attention Installers:
Click Here to Signup Now!

Click Here to Signup

Premium Listing - Monthly Plan
Locations Included :10 zip codes, use different cites as the search grabs only the first 3 digits of the zip codes.
Manufacturers Included :15 - You may add additional manufactures or services at an additional $10 each.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Telephone Installers, Telephone Programmers, Telephone Service Providers, System Installation, Phone System and Equipment Sales Directory

[b][/b]
Posted By: Meyery2k Re: leads - 09/18/14 06:41 PM
As you drive around, keep an eye open for new construction or renovations going on. You might be able to get some information from the General Contractor as to who is moving in and be able to approach those businesses.

Read local papers diligently. Many times there will be an article about a new mall or office center being built.

You might get a few leads from the legal adverts in your paper where permits have been granted. Some governments and large educational jobs RFP request are still posted in the legal section.

My boss would have us canvas buildings and just ask if the tenants were satisfied with service. He is one of the greatest sales people I have ever known. He knows he can ask 100 times and maybe get 2 positive responses but he also says that is the game. He would be ecstatic to get a request to run 1 cable or repair a jack since that would get his foot in the door.

Don't scoff the small jobs, they can lead to big ones. I once went to see if a PRI could be installed on a system and it couldn't. Nobody else wanted to deal with this. It led to a 3 site installation in the state in which I live. The biggest thing with this customer was that I went in and showed genuine interest in what they did and were trying to accomplish. ~ Mike

© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help