atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bobo1960 HELLER TACKER - 03/28/15 05:56 AM
Hello,
I might buy an old Heller tacker on ebay. It reads, Heller tacker Brooklyn NY, on the one side. Also is stamped Bell System, near the rear of the tacker. Has a #58569C stamped on it too. Isnt this the tacker used to fasten the old 4 conductor station wire, that uses the small horseshoe staples that fit perfectly over the wire? If so, where can I get staples for it???

Bob B
Posted By: justbill Re: HELLER TACKER - 03/28/15 02:25 PM
Might try ACME Staple
Posted By: gelehu Re: HELLER TACKER - 03/28/15 02:45 PM
I think it was a T18, Ive got about 3 or 4 boxes if you want to try them.They are smaller than the T25s and were just right for the old 4c wire
Posted By: bobo1960 Re: HELLER TACKER - 03/28/15 05:47 PM
gelehu,

ok. if I win the tacker, what would you want for the staples you have???

Bob
Posted By: gelehu Re: HELLER TACKER - 03/28/15 05:58 PM
Yeah, Just let me know and send a PM and we'll talk if you win it.Got 1 box 3/8" and 2boxes 7/16".
Posted By: dosjock Re: HELLER TACKER - 03/28/15 06:59 PM
I have seen T18 staples at the local Home Depot.
Posted By: hbiss Re: HELLER TACKER - 03/28/15 11:53 PM
Here, let me Google that for you.

If they do fit T18 staples are available just about everywhere. My local Tru-Value hardware store has them. The T18 gun and staples are used by security system installers since they still use the old JK station wire.

Arrow Fastener is the most common followed by Acme Staple

-Hal

Posted By: bobo1960 Re: HELLER TACKER - 04/11/15 11:01 PM
Hello,
No luck finding staples for my Heller tacker. Called ACME company direct, and they don't have staples to fit the Heller. They can sell me a staple gun, that is similar to the Heller, but the staples for that gun will not fit the Heller. I am stuck home with a bum foot right now, and a friend of mine in FL, is out searching hardware stores with his Heller, looking right now. There has to be some telephone guru sitting on a bunch of these staples somewhere!!!

Bob
Posted By: hbiss Re: HELLER TACKER - 04/12/15 12:02 AM
Well, if T18s won't fit you are out of luck. What difference does it make if somebody has some old staples? It's not like you can use that gun for work, as soon as those staples run out it's a door stop again. Might as well just put it in your showcase with other telephone memorabilia because that's about all it is.

If you do want a stapler for that wire the T18 is what we all use.

-Hal
Posted By: bobo1960 Re: HELLER TACKER - 04/13/15 01:48 AM
yeah. I know. I only have a few runs to do, and thought it would be nice to use the old heller. I did buy it, just for a piece to go with the old phones I have, but would be nice to use it,now and then...bob
Posted By: Deltron Re: HELLER TACKER - 04/16/15 12:04 PM
The used a staple called "H" that is not the same as a T18.

Every once in a great while you might find a box on eBay.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help