atcomsystems.ca/forum
I opened the forum today, and first noticed that the font size of menus, headings and other text, including posted messages have huge print. I am using Mozilla Firefox version 42.

While composing a post the text is normal size.

I checked to make sure "Zoom" was reset but I'm still seeing this on the Sundance Communications Forum.

No other website does this.

Don
Los Angeles
I'm seeing it too. I'm trying to think of what oldtimer admin changed the sites font instead of their PC's. =)
Please fix the forum. This new layout sucks.
i thought I was having a bad trip with all these colors:)
I'm old so the font size is fine with me. The new colors, not so much.
Strange
It's fine when I log in.
Ditto on the large fonts - Chrome browser
If your browser and hardware support it, you can change your font size by holding CRTL and scrolling your mouse wheel
Ditto on the size also. Now I don't need glasses. thanks
Originally Posted by JBean3329
If your browser and hardware support it, you can change your font size by holding CRTL and scrolling your mouse wheel
Well, that worked for viewing - I set the "zoom" to 75%, but now the reply box font is too tiny; setting the Chrome Zoom bact to default returns to the Large Font
My head hurts! Looks like a carnival side show!

-Hal
If you go to your preferences and change your preferred stylesheet to ubbthreads-dark it goes back to the old size fonts but with a black/gray background. But at least the shouting is gone.

-Hal
Well at least you noticed. smiley-bounce Boards owner is doing some experimenting, just keep on letting him know what you think.
If its not broke why fix it?
If he wants to experiment he should create a new style and play with that. No reason to mess up the existing styles.
Originally Posted by JBean3329

That changes the size for every website you visit. Not a very good work around.
Thanks Hal. That gawdawful light blue and baby poop tan combo was a bit tough to take.
I don't have that issue with other sites. For the record, I've used the dark thread settings since they became available, so haven't had any trouble with anything.
Must be why I haven't had any problems either...
Boards owner is doing some experimenting,

Yeah, well tell him that making everything bigger isn't going to make people read the ads.

-Hal
This is bad.
At the bottom of the page you can change it from the standard, it's a dark gray, but no large font. You can do it from your preferences also.
I tried the dark version, but couldn't stand the white letters on dark background. I have resorted to "stock" with Chrome Zoom set to either 90% (OK but still a little large) or 75% (for longer posts). The choices within Chrome seem to be 90%, 75% or 67%, but at least Chrome seems to be saving the Zoom on a site by site basis.
Can someone change this
I need the larger print but not this big
Thanks
Boards owner is doing some experimenting,

Now apparently he's trying to see how many people he can piss off.

-Hal
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just sayin'
The owner of the board is trying several things to enhance the SEO value of the board. As a business it is critical to change with advances in technology. How about a little patience while he tries a few things?
I don't give a damn about the SEO value of the board and consequently what he thinks it's going to make for him. That's not what we're all about. It's all about the experience people have here and making the site difficult to look at is only going to drive people away.

And in case you didn't notice all boards like this are losing numbers because this is a dying industry. Members are moving to social media to "chew the fat" and the legacy systems are becoming fewer and fewer along with the people to service them. That means that the market for legacy equipment is drying up. The IT guys who are taking over have their own sources for information.

So putting lipstick on a dinosaur isn't going to help.

-Hal
Still a business Hal. His business. SEO helps move the sales needle which pays to keep the board going. Your statement about the state of the industry is true...it is fading away so anything a business owner can do to help the bottom line is his business. I agree that this isn't like the old days with the old pros but unfortunately I think those are behind us now. But sitting back and watching it fade away without a fight is pretty lame to me. But not my sandbox at the end of the day. I don't have to pay the bills to keep the lights on.
He might think he's fixing seo, the site isn't mobile friendly and it won't matter, being mobile friendly doesn't help seo anyway. I think he's spinning his wheels for nothing.
here's the link to check any site.
https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/
the font size isn't helping anything.

WHat does SEO have to do with the colors of the pages?
Like RBF said let's be a bit patient. At least we're talking. argue 2thumbs
Anyone know when this experiment is going to end?
When the board owner decides to end it. We have no idea how long. It is up to him to decide if his changes are achieving the results he is trying for. Switch to the dark screen mode if the font and colors are too much for your individual taste.
Originally Posted by RATHER BE FISHING
When the board owner decides to end it. We have no idea how long. It is up to him to decide if his changes are achieving the results he is trying for. Switch to the dark screen mode if the font and colors are too much for your individual taste.

I am in the dark screen mode and hate it.
It's like, "I tried VOIP" but now, "I'd like my old telephone system back!"
Originally Posted by Mercenary Roadie
Originally Posted by RATHER BE FISHING

I am in the dark screen mode and hate it.

Yeah, I tried it for a while and finally went back to the "Stock" style and used the Zoom feature of Google Chrome set to 75%.

Two Questions:
1) has there actually been any input from the "Board Owner" as to whether this was intentional or just a glitch?
2) How hard would it be to implement a 3rd (or more) Style to choose from? I wouldn't mind the changing of the "Default" if I could still change back to what I was used to.
1. Yes

2. Don't know, we'll run it by him.
Gee, when we were admins we decided how things were done along with Tom. We didn't have to go through the home office in California.

-Hal
Yep, we gave our opinions and ideas, but Tom had the final say, it was his board. Nothings changed.
Sure it has. Tom was always "sure, whatever you guys think" and we were "yeah that's a good idea Tom". He didn't micro manage.

-Hal
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help