atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hi all. A friend of mine was placed on hold when calling a Krispy Kreme store a day ago, and has started a bit of a quest/contest to find the hold music they were using. It's an odd, minor key electronic/classical loop about 1 minute in length. After searching YouTube and various hold music sites, I'm pretty sure it must be a default hold tune on some model of PBX, but I don't have nearly enough experience to identify it.

So the two sample videos we have found featuring the music are here:

and here:

Does anyone happen to recognize this strange little tune?
I love Krispy Kreme.
I'd guess that it is a royalty free tune used by a particular manufacturer.
Not likely related to a particular system but probably what is supplied by some MOH company with their player. I can't believe whoever is using it has actually listened to it.

-Hal
If you've got a smart phone, try "Shazam"ing it.

Sam
You know hbiss, I'm so used to working with systems with built-in MoH lately that I didn't even think about it possibly being from a separate MoH vendor. Thanks for the reminder that it is a thing! Definitely will include that in our searching.

I'm honestly not sure why we care, but it's a fun search if nothing else.
You might try visiting the Krispy Kreme store to see what phone system they have. Somebody there might even be able to tell you about their "interesting" MOH music.

-Hal
I didn't think it possible, but someone actually has worse built-in MOH than Grandstream.
I don't know that one. One system I remember had "Greensleeves" as the music on hold music plus I think it had one other equally bad tune for a choice of one of two. I think maybe Extrom or Code-a-Phone? Two unusual systems from the '80's
This thread reminded me of this:

https://www.theatlantic.com/technol...iscos-sort-of-beloved-hold-music/283262/

Jim
==================================================
Speaking from a secure undisclosed location.
Originally Posted by John807
I don't know that one. One system I remember had "Greensleeves" as the music on hold music plus I think it had one other equally bad tune for a choice of one of two. I think maybe Extrom or Code-a-Phone? Two unusual systems from the '80's

The early Samsung 816s had the choice of Greensleeves or or the Beethoven classic Fur Elise.
One system I remember had "Greensleeves" as the music on hold .....

Wasn't that the "Old Grey Whale" - The Tie 1030? Circa 1972

Sam
How about the Panasonic 208 system it give you two tunes to choose from.. a wedding tune or a funeral
I have always discouraged customers from plugging in a radio. When they aren't concerned because it's against the law, stop Jail Rulez

I tell then, "What happens while they are on hold they hear an advertisement from your competition?"
If that doesn't work they usually pick NPR.

I HATE an out of frequency radio!
Meritt,

What's the difference? devil

Back in the 70s, here in Pittsburgh, ASCAP hired some low life types to call businesses and ask some really goofy question which would prompt the operator to put them on hold. If they heard a radio, the business was sent a cease and desist order and some, (the really well healed corporate types,) got hit with thousand dollar fines. If they heard music that was on their copyright list, they sent the same cease and desist order and warned the people that, if caught again, there would be huge fines levied. A few cases went to court. There were mixed results. Several companies were hit and the music they were playing was in the public domain. It was kind of a free-for-all because the "rules" were kind of made up as they went. BMI got involved, as well, and complicated things even more. Because of the mess they made in Pittsburgh and other cities, the courts forced, at that time, ASCAP and BMI to adopt actual rules and out of those rules came some exclusions. Here a link to better understand the music on hold and background music copyright rules: Click Here

My advice to our customers is to purchase, from us, a music on hold device with licensed content. The new Grace music on hold devices even allow the user to add announcements and do advertising. As if being on "Ignore" isn't infuriating enough!

Rcaman
ASCAP hired some low life types...

Way back around then I was asked by them to pay attention when I visited businesses and let them know what kind of music they were playing- CD, radio etc. I wasn't low enough to do that kind of thing.

-Hal
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help