atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: A6 Avanti co lines - 10/02/03 06:50 AM
I just moved an Avanti Digital system with 6 slots (4 being used) last weekend. They seemed to have downsized the amount of co's from 9 to 6. When I press 9 to grab an outside line, it grabs line 9. Being there is no line 9, I get dead air. Same thing for 8, and 7. When I finally grab line 6, the system seems smart enuf to lock out 7, 8 and 9.

2 questions. The system is making an occasional ticking noise. I think it is trying to test the co trunks to detect voltage and not succeeding. Should the class of service for co's 7, 8 and 9 be taken out? or is this ok to keep them set like this?

Is there a way to access co lines directly with a code? Like on a vodavi '88-002' gets me line 2 without a direct line appearance.

I don't have documantation to program this thing so if I need to do programming on this, I'll need to search out a manual here.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Avanti co lines - 10/02/03 06:54 AM
You need to take the lines 7,8,9 out of the hunt group in programming. The only way to program is with a Laptop or PC. You can leave it like that but they will get dead air when 7,8,9 comes up.For manuals click on the MANUALS at the top of the page.
What system and what release?
Posted By: A6 Re: Avanti co lines - 10/02/03 06:59 AM
I will find out the system info either today or tomorrow. I need to stop in and finish drilling a hole to route some amphenal connectors.

One other thing, they want to hang a phone on the wall but these phones have a base that cannot be mounted on the wall. Do they have a base that can be used to hang it? It is an Avanti 3020/3015D set. If someone has one, drop me an email. I need to buy one to hang it.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Avanti co lines - 10/02/03 07:19 AM
I didn't even notice it was you A6, give me a call, number is in my profile.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Avanti co lines - 10/08/03 06:49 AM
A6
If you still need help I am back.
Posted By: A6 Re: Avanti co lines - 10/08/03 05:52 PM
SS. I'll give you a call tomorrow when I find your number. I know it's around here somewhere. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Avanti co lines - 10/08/03 06:02 PM
check my profile
I will be out of the office in the AM
Posted By: dtmf Re: Avanti co lines - 10/09/03 07:35 AM
A6, you got mail.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help