atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: chrisjx Moving a Telrad - Digital Key BX 8/18 - 09/13/05 11:34 AM
I need to move a Telrad 8/18 from our current office to a new office in the building next door.

The office next door has a clean patch point and excellent wiring into all of the offices.

The person who installed our system is long gone and I'm not sure how the wiring from the CO lines into the Telrad works.

I feel confident that I can move the system and get it in place, but I need some advice or references on how to connect the Telrad to the CO lines. For example, how to determine the wires used for extension 729 so I can patch it into the appropriate office; or how to hook in 372-3423 from the outside line into the telrad.

I know, I should get some outside help, but the person that comes out to do the programming charges $125 an hour to switch a couple of lines in software (just user commands). We've since figured out how to do that so no more software help.

I'm an audio person and I solder and wire my own connections and I construct my own computers. How hard can this be (I figure I'll find out <g>)?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Moving a Telrad - Digital Key BX 8/18 - 09/13/05 11:51 AM
I would suggest getting the manuals and the programming software and you would be able to see the KSU layout and the manuals have the cable breakouts.
Posted By: chrisjx Re: Moving a Telrad - Digital Key BX 8/18 - 09/13/05 11:53 AM
Please, where to get the manuals for the 8/18 and how much might I expect to pay?

TIA,
Chris.
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Moving a Telrad - Digital Key BX 8/18 - 09/13/05 12:17 PM
click on the manual link at the top of this page.
Posted By: chrisjx Re: Moving a Telrad - Digital Key BX 8/18 - 09/13/05 03:03 PM
Oi! If it had been a snake it would have bit me...

Thanks,
Chris.
If you haven't worked on this system and it's the digital (not AVANTI)I would strongly suggest finding a dealer. You might have to pay him but it would be worth it in the long run. If all the wires are in place it shouldn't be that much money to move.

------------------
Need cable or other voice/data hardware? Here's your link. Telephone Supplies

[This message has been edited by tony3866 (edited September 13, 2005).]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help