atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ENG PDKU card. - 06/12/03 09:10 AM
sup guys,

I just got 2 of those PDKU card(4 lines ea) for my DK424 sys. Now is this this card are a plug and play? I just plug-in, do I need program it 1st?

thanks
Posted By: paul144 Re: PDKU card. - 06/12/03 10:27 AM
The PDKU is an 8 port station card. As far as programming, are you replacing bad cards or adding more stations? Also, how many station cards are in the cabinet? What kind of processor card? There are limits to the number of stations that each cabinet can handle. Even if you have available slots, you may not be able to use another PDKU in it.

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited June 12, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited June 12, 2003).]
Posted By: ken_07734 Re: PDKU card. - 06/13/03 01:10 PM
the pdku is hot swappable, if you are adding it for the first time, you will need to tell the DK what it is and where it is.
Posted By: ENG Re: PDKU card. - 06/15/03 07:58 PM
I adding more line(s) in my DK424 system.
Posted By: martin Re: PDKU card. - 06/16/03 08:32 AM
you will need a rcou or rcos for co lines
Posted By: martin Re: PDKU card. - 06/16/03 08:34 AM
you will need a rcou or rcos for co lines
Posted By: paul144 Re: PDKU card. - 06/16/03 08:36 AM
How many lines and stations do you already have? What processor are you using? If you are adding more stations, you will definitely need to do some programming. You need to check your manual to figure out where you stand on the system capacity.
Posted By: paul144 Re: PDKU card. - 06/16/03 08:37 AM
How many lines and stations do you already have? What processor are you using? If you are adding more stations, you will definitely need to do some programming. You need to check your manual to figure out where you stand on the system capacity.
Posted By: ENG Re: PDKU card. - 06/16/03 06:40 PM
Something wrong with this server? it keep getting double post [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Anyway, tomorrow I'll show you guys what I have in my office setup.
Posted By: ENG Re: PDKU card. - 06/17/03 06:17 AM
ok,

Here what I have in my Tos DK 424 sys.
2xRCTUD processor
14xPDKU card.
Posted By: sysdown Re: PDKU card. - 06/17/03 07:53 AM
how many cabinets r installed...
Posted By: paul144 Re: PDKU card. - 06/17/03 09:23 AM
Ditto the last post, how many cabinets, how many PDKU's currently in each cabinet? how many lines in, how many rcou's/rcos's? system total and in each cabinet? Any PEKU or single line cards? System capacity is based on the number of lines in and stations, the more lines in, the fewer usable stations and vice versa. There is a per cabinet capacity and a system capacity. Single lines use up some of the capacity.
Posted By: sysdown Re: PDKU card. - 06/17/03 10:05 AM
ditto....ditto....ditto....ditto....
Posted By: ENG Re: PDKU card. - 06/18/03 05:20 PM
Hey Mod..
Can you make attachemnt happen? I have couple of pics I want to upload. So you guys will see once for all.
I think thats whats missing here...everyone want see pics,no?
Posted By: sysdown Re: PDKU card. - 06/18/03 05:49 PM
only if they have dancing girls in them....
Posted By: paul144 Re: PDKU card. - 06/19/03 05:25 AM
LOL! no, we don't need pics (unless they are cute), just a complete listing of the exact equipment that you have and how it is set up.
Posted By: ENG Re: PDKU card. - 06/19/03 07:42 AM
Ok, I will list it out for you today.
What about I draw with a ASCII? [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: sysdown Re: PDKU card. - 06/19/03 09:20 AM
only if the ASCII layout is in the shape of Britney Spears, Christine Aguilera, Shiquera, and anybody other blonde, brunette or female that turns us old phonemen on
Posted By: ENG Re: PDKU card. - 06/19/03 07:21 PM
I see we have some comdian here [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Here are the list.

2 card processor
14 PDKU voice card...so 14x4=56 line?
2xcabinet and its not fill up yet.
Posted By: paul144 Re: PDKU card. - 06/20/03 06:48 AM
ENG,
Please read this carefully!!!!
First, basic primer, your PDKU is a STATION (phones)card. Your RCOS and RCOU cards are LINE cards (phone lines in).
The PDKU is an 8 port STATION card. 14 x 8 = 112 STATIONS (phones).
We need to know how many lines in. How many RCOU and RCOS cards?????
Whether or not you have open slots, you might not be able to use them for station cards!!!
The system (and per box) capacity is determined by the number of lines in and the number of stations.
WE NEED TO KNOW THE NUMBER OF LINES IN OR WE CAN'T HELP YOU!!!
Look in the cabinets for cards that have what appear to be phone jacks on them. The "jacks" will appear in pairs. If you are lucky, they will appear in groups of 4, meaning that you have RCOS and RCOU cards in together.
Each "jack" represents 2 phone lines into the system.
So... If you have 2 RCOU cards with RCOS cards attached, you have 8 "jacks" giving you 16 lines in.
The 424 cabinets will almost always have open slots, even when they are completely MAXED OUT! The extra slots are usable for cards other than station and line cards.

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited June 20, 2003).]

Posted By: paul144 Re: PDKU card. - 06/20/03 07:15 AM
Okay
Simple answer.
2 cabinets with one RCOU+RCOS for 8 lines in would allow you to have a toal of 80 stations. 5 PDKU2 cards in each cabinet. If you need more lines in, for every 8 lines in you add (RCOU+RCOS card), subtract 1 PDKU (8 stations). The processors that you are using will allow up to 6 cabinets (1 base and 5 expansion). To use all of the PDKU cards that you have (for stations, aka phones) you will need at least one more expansion cabinet.
This assumes that you have NO caller ID, no single line phones, no external voice mail, etc...
GET A MANUAL AND READ IT!!!!!

Posted By: ENG Re: PDKU card. - 06/20/03 09:17 AM
Ok clear enuf...I give a try now and report back and tell you guys what mess I getting into [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

And YES I DO HAVE THE MANUAL.
Posted By: ENG Re: PDKU card. - 06/20/03 09:29 AM
Ok...let me straight this mess out.

I have 5 PDKU card(line come from the 66 block) and 16 RCOU/RCOS(4 phone jack in each card)
Posted By: paul144 Re: PDKU card. - 06/20/03 10:23 AM
I assume you mean that you have a total of 4 RCOU/RCOS combinations, for a total of 16 "jacks" which means that you have 32 incoming phone lines. If this is the case, then with 2 cabinets you are maxed out at 56 stations (phones) which works out to 7 PDKU cards. You should be able to just put the two extra PDKU cards in and program them. Just check the manual for locations.
Posted By: ENG Re: PDKU card. - 06/23/03 01:43 PM
Yep, I hope so. I just track down my package and it should be here by tomorrow [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: paul144 Re: PDKU card. - 06/24/03 06:15 AM
Eng,
One last thing, the system capacity can be reduced by some other cards in the system. Do you have voice mail? Depending on the V-mail system, it can reduce capacity. So can single line cards. Are you running modems or faxes through the system? If yes, you have single line ports. These eat up some of the capacity.
Good Luck!
Posted By: ENG Re: PDKU card. - 06/24/03 01:22 PM
Yep we have Stratgy VM and we dont use fax or modem from the ksu.
I installed and it work. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help