atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Misty Uadmin2.1 - 03/02/07 01:36 PM
Is anyone else having problems with Uadmin? After I enter my password, I get an error "16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem, the system cannot open COM1 port requested by the application". I'm working with XP Pro. Any ideas?
Posted By: junkman Re: Uadmin2.1 - 03/02/07 02:34 PM
Sounds like you're using a USB to serial converter that doesn't work from DOS. If not, go into device manager and make sure COM1 is working properly.
Posted By: Misty Re: Uadmin2.1 - 03/05/07 07:26 AM
It works fine for Emanager and Stratagy ES. The funny thing is we called Toshiba tech support and they are now having the same problem. They have not been able to call me back with a solution. The only thing I could think of is maybe an XP update. I removed any that were downloaded this past month. The Uadmin2.0 worked, but when I rebooted my computer it came back with the same error. I checked my updated to make sure they didn't reinstall. The same error is happening to all the computers in my company including laptops. It just doesn't make any sense and I can't seem to figure it out no matter what changes I make to the computer.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Uadmin2.1 - 03/06/07 01:07 AM
Have you tried going back to R3 or R4 Admin to see if they still work?
Posted By: Misty Re: Uadmin2.1 - 03/13/07 10:11 AM
Yes and that gives me the same error.
Posted By: Misty Re: Uadmin2.1 - 03/13/07 10:17 AM
Have you been able to download and use Uadmin2.1 successfully?
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Uadmin2.1 - 03/13/07 10:42 AM
Yes, just used it last week with no problems on a IPV8 R2.
Posted By: Phil Re: Uadmin2.1 - 03/13/07 10:56 AM
I, too, have been using it since I downloaded it with no problems at all. And that's even using a USB to serial connector!
Posted By: Keep Re: Uadmin2.1 - 07/23/07 11:55 AM
I know this is an older topic but here is the fix to this issue.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue: 1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe or Regedit.exe).

NOTE: In Windows XP, Regedit.exe and Regedt32.exe have been integrated into a single program that combines the features of the two registry editors in Windows 2000.
2. Locate and select the following value:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers\VDD
3. On the Edit menu, click Delete.
4. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click Multi-string Value.
5. Type VDD in the Value Name box, and then press ENTER.
6. Quit Registry Editor.
Posted By: *69 Re: Uadmin2.1 - 07/27/07 05:55 PM
Well i use a usb to serial converter with no problems. I get into several types of phone system that use serial connections, no problems here.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help