atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: kkuhi Extension names-DKT3020-SD - 03/18/08 04:40 AM
Hello,

I was wondering how to change the names on the extensions that appear on the display when transferring calls to the specific extensions. We've had some people move around in the office. How do I do this?
Posted By: RRino Re: Extension names-DKT3020-SD - 03/18/08 06:22 AM
Your best bet is to move the whole ext. to the new office so that the voicemail(among other things) doesn't change either. You can accomplish this with eManager or by switching the jumpers. A certified Toshiba tech should be able to do this remotely.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Extension names-DKT3020-SD - 03/18/08 01:54 PM
Man to bad you didnt post this yesterday we had a tech in Altamonte Springs yesterday, we could have dropped by and did this for you.
Posted By: MacOSX Re: Extension names-DKT3020-SD - 03/18/08 02:03 PM
First thing we need to know is what phone system you are on (DK or CIX/CTX)

If you are on a DK you can change/delete the name with #620 & #621. If you are on a CIX/CTX you can do it through eManager, or have your vendor dial in and make the changes remotely.

I do agree with RRino that you should have the EXT move with the person, if the same people are at the EXT.
Posted By: newtecky Re: Extension names-DKT3020-SD - 03/18/08 07:32 PM
But if you type #621, you turned off system call forward if you have a CTX or CIX, and a #620 turns it back on (unless that is backwards). I wonder why they changed that code from DKs.

In most earlier versions, you can not change the names without the admin software, and in newer versions it has to be enabled by the installer, and it usually is not.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help