atcomsystems.ca/forum
Maybe I'm being overly paranoid but is it possible for companies to eavesdrop on employees by having the speakerphone mic secretly turned on so that they can hear audio from around your workstation? The reason I ask is that I've noticed that sometimes when I'm the only one in the office there is a line lit, on all the phones, mine, the other desks, etc. but no one is using the phones.

This is no a Toshiba DKT-3010

Another question I had was is there a way that I can lower the volume or turn off the page function on my phone. I'm not sure if it's called the page function. Basically, when someone pages and broadcasts through all the phones it is rather loud and startling, especially at my phone. I'd like to have the option of lowering it way down or turning it off yet still have the option of putting a call on speakerphone when I want to.

Thanks
welcome to our little community.

Question #2 first. Hit the speaker button and you will hear intercom tone. Turn down the volume. Turn the speaker off. Now you will still hear the pages, but they won't be so loud.

Question #1.... If the system is being answered by the Voice Mail system, then you would see a line lit everytime someone dials into the system. This is probably someone leaving a message in a mailbox. Also, if you're not talking about the boss's wife, what have you got to worry about?? :shhh:
If you want to turn down the volume of the paging then "WHEN" a page is happening and before it finishes adjust the volume level to where you want it.
I would also agree with the line in use or voicemail port activity as being the "Line thats lit".
If they were using the intercom feature, the speaker and mic lights would be lit, and the intercom would be lit green.

If they wanted to listen to you, there are much better ways, like a camera with mic that looks like a clock, or a motion detector, or fire alarm, or sprinkler head. You would be surprised at the ways to disguise a camera.

Maybe I could talk to your boss and show him a catalog.
Thanks guys. I guess I don't have anything to worry about.

newtecky: No thanks!!!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help