atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: marwell_zoo using SIP phones with CIX 670 - 11/18/08 09:12 AM
has anyone managed to get any non Tosh SIP phones working with a CIX?

i have been trying with a Linksys SPA922 (Sipura) and the xTen softphone without much luck....however I also have a Hitachi WiFi SIP phone which our dealer supplied which works fine ..

transferring the settings that seem relevant over doesnt seem to be working - is there something i may be missing (I'm using the same SIP ext number for my tests as the Hitachi - which is turned off of course)

thx
dave
Posted By: Brownowl Re: using SIP phones with CIX 670 - 11/18/08 09:24 AM
I have managed to get a Siemens Gigaset S450IP working its quite cheap and transfering is not great but does work
Posted By: TadiranTechTexas Re: using SIP phones with CIX 670 - 11/18/08 11:34 AM
I was able to get the Xten Softphone to register but that is about it. Nothing else seemed to work.

The WIP Hitachi phone is the only SIP device I got working on a 670.
Posted By: moggey Re: using SIP phones with CIX 670 - 11/18/08 01:38 PM
I would agree with Brownowl, we have a few customers using the Siemens, even though its basic it does perform well
Posted By: p2ii Re: using SIP phones with CIX 670 - 11/18/08 01:47 PM
Here's a list of the ones that we know will work so far.

WIP5000(duh!)
Spectralink/Polycom 8002 Wireless
Uniden UIP200(another duh!)
Polycom Soundpoint IP 501(Works great and looks nice too) my favorite.

So far those are the only ones that work even remotely well.
Some others that were not so good:
-DLINK DPH540(at times you could only make calls and not receive but a reboot would clear it)
-Sipura 841(Never actually got it to be able to make calls, but it would receive)
-X-Lite softphone(would register and then crash the phone switch when you tried to use it)
-UT Starcom F3000(This one had promise but ended up being too unreliable quality wise)

I also have it on good authority that Cisco Phones loaded with the SIP firmware image will work now. Your CIX must have the latest software version.
Posted By: www.telcom1.net Re: using SIP phones with CIX 670 - 11/19/08 07:56 AM
here are the ones Ive got to work

polycom 2 line phone with only 1 ext, when I use 2 ext they seem to cross

x-lite, works well on my pda

Ipod touch, with sip hack from touchmods

working on getting the sip firmware for cisco phones
Posted By: Brownowl Re: using SIP phones with CIX 670 - 12/04/08 06:54 AM
I am interested in registering the Polycom Spectralink wireless handset on my CIX but it appears to only work if an SVP server is in place is this the case or has anybody managed to register it via SIP any other way.
Posted By: p2ii Re: using SIP phones with CIX 670 - 12/04/08 08:58 AM
You don't need an SVP server but your access points must support WMM(wireless QoS) Make sure you are on the latest version of CIX s/w and the Polycom phone has the Toshiba version of firmware.
Posted By: Brownowl Re: using SIP phones with CIX 670 - 12/05/08 06:10 AM
Hi Thanks i am running 5.20 MT015 on my CIX so should be fine my access points are fine i suspect i have wrong firmware on handset any ideas where i can find the Toshiba version of firmware?
Posted By: www.telcom1.net Re: using SIP phones with CIX 670 - 12/09/08 06:10 AM
some features I dont like about the polycom wifi phone,
-must have a tftp server running all the time for phone to get its config file every time it boots,
-I doesnt remember multiple networks

much less mobile than the hitachi

to bad Hitachi discontinued the wifi phone, I like that one a lot better...
Posted By: p2ii Re: using SIP phones with CIX 670 - 12/09/08 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Brownowl:
Hi Thanks i am running 5.20 MT015 on my CIX so should be fine my access points are fine i suspect i have wrong firmware on handset any ideas where i can find the Toshiba version of firmware?
Everything is located on Toshiba's FYI site under 3rd party-->Polycom.

Also, make sure your MIPU has the lateset firmware which is MIPU_0118.
Posted By: p2ii Re: using SIP phones with CIX 670 - 12/09/08 10:59 AM
I forgot to add, the Polycom phone is only supported on MIPU cards.
Posted By: Brownowl Re: using SIP phones with CIX 670 - 12/10/08 12:43 AM
I have MIPU_0119 but unfortunately in the UK we dont have access to the Polycom Firmware yet even though i can get the Handsets i dont have a log in for the FYI site in the states unfortunately
Posted By: Brownowl Re: using SIP phones with CIX 670 - 12/10/08 01:08 AM
I have now managed to get firmware from Polycom version 130.007 i will try it
Posted By: p2ii Re: using SIP phones with CIX 670 - 12/10/08 07:14 AM
Good luck. Hope it goes well.
Posted By: Brownowl Re: using SIP phones with CIX 670 - 12/12/08 08:49 AM
I have managed to get the handset to register on my AP's but seem to have a problem getting the sip_allusers.cfg onto my handset tftp returns an error dropped because peer does not respond i have followed Toshiba Bullitin which seems incorrect to me am i missing something all other files appear to load ok
Posted By: p2ii Re: using SIP phones with CIX 670 - 12/12/08 10:37 AM
Remove sip_allusers.cfg from your tftp server. Just have the MAC.cfg file in there corresponding to the MAC of the phone.
Posted By: danyall_21 Re: using SIP phones with CIX 670 - 12/16/08 04:12 PM
I'm using a CIX 670. Haven't really done much with the SIP stuff yet, but I have (what I hope to be) a nice easy question.

Has anyone tried connecting a Linksys-PAP2 sip interface to the CIX? I am keen to know if this can be achieved.

If anyone has done it, I would love to know what setting were used, as I am struggling !
Posted By: pkley Re: using SIP phones with CIX 670 - 12/19/08 02:49 PM
Anyone gotten a Polycom IP 4000/6000/7000 phone to work? I recommended one before ensuring it would work...
Posted By: dwflood Re: using SIP phones with CIX 670 - 03/07/11 07:48 AM
Originally posted by p2ii:
Remove sip_allusers.cfg from your tftp server. Just have the MAC.cfg file in there corresponding to the MAC of the phone.
Sorry to dig up an old post, but I'm trying to get Polycom SpectraLink 8002 to work on a CIX and not having much luck.

sip_allusers.cfg is present on the TFTP server, not mac.cfg. What is the format of MAC.cfg?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help