atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Marcus Diddle Getting started with CTX100 - 01/05/09 12:32 PM
I'm hoping someone here can help guide me. I'm new to this particular company...been here about 6 months. Thus far, I've barely had to touch the phone system, which is good, cause I don't know much about it. The previous tech didn't leave me very good notes either.

I've got a CTX100. The eManager software is installed under a separate user account on another employee's PC. This is an inconvenience, so I wanted to install the app on my own PC for ease of access.

I managed to locate a disc labeled "eManager", so I popped that in and followed the prompts to install. I've now got an icon for Strata eManager 4.12 (probably out of date software by now).

I managed to locate the login and password for the system, which logs me in, but there is no CTX system listed under "Select CIX/CTX System" screen.

When I go this route on the other PC, I can choose the CTX system, but it fails to connect (device failed to respond, or something to that effect).

So I guess I have to somehow add the CTX device to my system in order to connect to it. Will doing so wipe out any existing settings from the other PC where eManager is installed?

Sorry for all the questions. Like I said, I'm new to the company and new to phone systems, so I'm trying to take all of this one step at a time. Thanks for any advice.
Posted By: mj_wald Re: Getting started with CTX100 - 01/05/09 01:26 PM
Yes the system must be added to the e-manager software (oh it is out of date, unless you update the software in your ctx it will be just fine).

Go to e-manager profile and then equipment editor and build your system there, after that click class setup and add the system to your user name.

Note: when you are setting up the new profile you will need the community name. This is the programing access password, more or less. Hopefully the old guy will be able to get that info to you. It is different than the E-Manager login password
Posted By: RRino Re: Getting started with CTX100 - 01/05/09 02:14 PM
I think it would be a good idea for you to call your local Toshiba vendor and have them come out, install and upgrade your software and give you a crash course in basic programming. Spending a little money now might save you from making a mistake that could cost you lots of money in the future.
Posted By: MacOSX Re: Getting started with CTX100 - 01/05/09 03:04 PM
PM sent
Posted By: Marcus Diddle Re: Getting started with CTX100 - 01/06/09 05:03 AM
Thanks for the tips thus far.

I do not know the community name, and I sincerely doubt that the previous tech knows it either. I know he didn't install the system himself, probably just outsourced that to wherever he bought the equipment. Is there a default community name I could try?

Also, I'm trying to connect via eManager from the other user's PC, but it's not connecting. I have connected numerous times before, but now I'm getting an error message along the lines of "Failed to connect, No response from device". What's the proper routine for power cycling these devices? I assume since I have connected before in the past, that it probably just needs a reboot to resolve the issue.

Thanks again!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help