atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Voyager IP Phone Reset - 12/30/09 12:16 PM
I have a customer with a CIX40, GIPU, and one IP5132-SD. The system was installed around August. The customer finally gets his network ready at home and plugs in the phone. I had to adjust the programming in his router to get it to work, but when I left he was happy.

Now, 2 weeks later, he complains that the phone dies at least once a day and he has to reset it to get it back on-line (Display says Trying LAN IPU NOT FOUND)

I set up an IP5132 in my office yesterday morning and it was fine until about an hour ago. Same symptom. I can ping the card from my laptop and from the phone. Reset the phone, and 10 minutes later same thing.

I think I have ruled out the problem being at his house. I either have a flaky GIPU card or Brighthouse is having issues. I am leaning toward Brighthouse.....

What are your thoughts?
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: IP Phone Reset - 12/30/09 02:55 PM
What type of connection at the CIX 40 site ? cable , DSL , T1 ,VPN
Posted By: Voyager Re: IP Phone Reset - 12/30/09 03:40 PM
Sorry. It's a Cable Modem from Brighthouse.

Right after I posted this I spoke to the client. They said they were having issues with the internet. Brighthouse came out and replaced "some little part". I reset my IP card.

Lets see what happens.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: IP Phone Reset - 12/30/09 07:23 PM
I would say that is the probably the problem
Posted By: newtecky Re: IP Phone Reset - 12/30/09 08:55 PM
I would also change FB 11 in the IP phone setup from Broadcast to Manual. This will keep it from getting stuck on "Trying LAN".
Posted By: Voyager Re: IP Phone Reset - 12/31/09 06:32 AM
newtecky - Thanks for the tip. I'll do that if the problem persists.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help