atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Dan Case DK424 PC Attendant Console - 06/25/10 10:59 AM
We have a DK424 system with a Windows attendant console. The Console is running on Windows95, and other than the PC hardware wheezing pretty hard it's been trouble-free.

I need to replace the PC, and I'd like to replace it with one running XP Pro so I can put it on my network and access it remotely for support using VNC. Our Corporate IT security policy won't let me put anything pre-Windows 2000 on the network, and for good reason.

Here's the problem: I have the installer for the attendant console, but it won't install correctly on anything other than Win95/98. The program itself isn't a problem (it's pretty rudimentary). The issue is installing the TAPI Service Provider. The installation methods Win9x used aren't compatible with 2000/XP.

Anyone know if there'a a newer TAPI driver that will work with 2000/XP, or an alternate installer or workaround?

The installer I have is for PCATTEND 1.8u.

Thanks!

D.
Posted By: Dan Case Re: DK424 PC Attendant Console - 07/10/10 11:06 PM
Is it really possible that there's no answer for this situation (short of the Toshiba-preferred fix that involves throwing out a perfectly usable system?)

D.
Posted By: MacOSX Re: DK424 PC Attendant Console - 07/12/10 07:05 AM
As far as I've ever known... upgrade to a CIX/CTX, if you want an attendant console program for XP. We went rounds about that for a customer with a 3 cabinet DK. They ended up upgrading to a CIX 670.

Realize the age of the phone system and that Toshiba doesn't even support it anymore. The best I could tell you is run 95/98 in a VM. We were at that step in the process, but the customer decided to upgrade, since their system was 11 years old at that point. It really wasn't a huge cost, since they got to move most of the physical cards over. The licensing is what gets you... just like M$
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help