atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: wweaver CTX630 problem - 11/02/10 05:54 AM
Here's my problem:
I can log into eManager, select the right equipment and connect ok. I select Advanced Configuration, then select Station, Assignments. The display shows the Assignments and extension numbers to the right of the screen, but when I try to select an extension number or any tab or button, nothing happens. In other words, I'm locked up.
The version is 4.00A25. I've tried installing the newer version, but get the same results.

I've also tried shutting down and restarting the server, but that didn't change anything.

Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: CTX630 problem - 11/02/10 06:45 AM
Are you logging in as Administrator ?
Posted By: wweaver Re: CTX630 problem - 11/02/10 07:00 AM
Yes, I am. Haven't had a problem until about 2 months ago. Also, I'm the only one with access to the system.
Posted By: Voyager Re: CTX630 problem - 11/02/10 07:13 AM
You may get better response if you repost in the Toshiba Forum.......

Has your PC had any automatic updates from Microsoft around the time this problem started?
Posted By: justbill Re: CTX630 problem - 11/02/10 07:15 AM
Moving to Toshiba as Voyager suggest.
Posted By: wweaver Re: CTX630 problem - 11/02/10 07:27 AM
About updates from Microsoft; I'm sure there were updates installed. We have updates set to download automatically, then I choose what/when to install.
Posted By: Voyager Re: CTX630 problem - 11/02/10 08:11 AM
Did you install a new version of eManager or Network eManager? I would get the newest version of Network eManager. What is your Operating System?

Have there been any updates to your virus software?

I know you have been using it right along, so that leads me to think that something has changed on your PC.

Is there an AMDS modem is the system? Does eManager work remotely?
Posted By: wweaver Re: CTX630 problem - 11/02/10 08:56 AM
I did try the newest update to eManager, but the result was the same; locked up when I try to access any extension number, button, or tab. I'm using Windows XP Pro SP3.

We installed Symantec Endpoint Protection on our workstations, but was having problems before that.

We did have a modem available, but are now using the web interface to access eManager.

Does eManager work remotely? I'm not sure I understand; do you mean from outside our office setting?
Posted By: phonemeister Re: CTX630 problem - 11/02/10 09:33 AM
Try disabling Windows Firewall and any anti-virus or anything of the like until you find the culprit. Do you have any hubs installed on the network? If that doesn't work, try connecting to the CIX head to head using a crossover ethernet cable.
Posted By: wweaver Re: CTX630 problem - 11/02/10 09:49 AM
Windows Firewall is already disabled, and I stopped the services for antivirus. Tried again with the same results. If I connect directly, do I use the web interface, https://localhost/eManager/default.htm?
Posted By: phonemeister Re: CTX630 problem - 11/02/10 10:30 AM
Yes, but you'll have to use a static ip address on your pc or laptop.
Posted By: wweaver Re: CTX630 problem - 11/02/10 11:42 AM
Ok, I understand, but forgive my ignorance; I've never connected this way. Where is the port located that I plug into? I looked, but don't see a vacant cat5 port. There is a hub connected to the phone server. Will I use that?
Posted By: phonemeister Re: CTX630 problem - 11/02/10 12:57 PM
Is it the hub really a hub or is it a switch? If it's a hub, change it out with a switch.
Posted By: wweaver Re: CTX630 problem - 11/03/10 04:07 AM
Oops, my mistake. It is a Cisco Linksys 5 port workgroup switch. Port 5 looks to be an uplink port; is that what I plug the laptop into?
Posted By: Voyager Re: CTX630 problem - 11/03/10 05:05 AM
No. Plug your crossover cable directly from your laptop to the Processor card in the phone cabinet. Set your laptop IP address to match the range in the phone system.
Posted By: wweaver Re: CTX630 problem - 11/03/10 05:30 AM
Ok, but if I do that, it will disable the phone console at the front Receptionist Desk. I guess this is a task for after hours....
Posted By: Voyager Re: CTX630 problem - 11/03/10 07:36 AM
Why? Is an IP based Attendant Console?
Posted By: wweaver Re: CTX630 problem - 11/03/10 07:51 AM
Yes, it is; running Windows 2000. That's why I need to wait till after normal working hours.
Posted By: Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie Re: CTX630 problem - 11/03/10 08:47 AM
If you plug a crossover cable directly into the CIX main processor card, you might interrupt the VM functionality (as I rudely found out) but the console should work just fine.

I load my laptop with an address of 192.168.254.250 255.255.255.0 and talk to it directly.

That would solve any issues of switch problems.
Posted By: wweaver Re: CTX630 problem - 11/03/10 09:25 AM
Ok, I'll try it.

Thank you all for your help and suggestions. I'll let you know the outcome.
Posted By: toinfinity Re: CTX630 problem - 11/30/10 07:14 PM
Easy if it were a network connection problem you wouldn't be able to log in at all. firewall would have blocked it the same. antivirus would have pick up the software and deleted it you'd see it in a log somewhere.
WinXP sp3 and IE 8 or Beta 9 version is the problem.
Somewhere in these forums i believe says this also, searches show few other with the same problems. But specifically your problem is a render issue with IE. You are lucky to get that 4. emanager to install on Service pack three. Emanager is just custom glorified web services install ASP + VB + snmp, network MIBS + compact edition of 2005 or 2000 SQL.
If you have an extra PC around use windows XP pro sp2 and IE 6 or 7. Try it in Firefox LOL it pukes every time. I also agree with Phonemeister Hub's are worthless now.
Posted By: toinfinity Re: CTX630 problem - 11/30/10 07:21 PM
Here;'s an example of the flexibility of a different version of Emanager. not shooting it down BTW it does make life easy when it works.\
https://www.sundance-communications.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/11/t/003052/p/1.html
Posted By: toinfinity Re: CTX630 problem - 11/30/10 07:40 PM
Also forgot certain version of JAVA can do that also.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help