atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: michael reid Upgrade dk424 to .... - 11/09/12 10:19 PM
I have a client with a dk424 - 12 CO Lines, 8 analog ports, and about 96 Extensions.

They are asking if their is an upgrade path for them that would allow them to keep the phones. Which are primarily DKT-2020SD

From what I can tell a CTX 670 could be the best route to go. Am I on the right track? Are any of the expansion cards in the DK424 compatible (not expecting them to be).

any gotchas I want to be aware of?

thanks in advance,
Michael
Posted By: pkley Re: Upgrade dk424 to .... - 11/09/12 11:41 PM
I'd suggest upgrading to a CIX670 with a PRI if possible.
All handsets are compatible, you can use all the PDKU's, RSTU's RCOU/S, etc. except for the PIOU, maybe RDSU, not sure about that one.

Replacing the PDKU's with BWDKU's means higher density and thus fewer cabinets/slots used, but also means repunching all the tails.
Posted By: newtecky Re: Upgrade dk424 to .... - 11/10/12 03:21 AM
I aggree about the PRI. Typically it is a cost saver in the long run.

I believe RDSU cards are still usable. The cabinets have to be CHSUB672A and CHSUE672A. I did not work on DK systems when they were current, but I believe these were common cabinets with the DK424i.

I just upgraded a DK customer. If you have DKAdmin, it could be real handy in recreating their extensions. I printed the extension list with their equipment number, and had the new processor programmed long before I did the switch.

That upgrade was about 40 phones, a CAS T1, with a Stratagy DK voicemail, that we upgraded to a CIX 670 with a PRI and a MicroMAS for voicemail and ACD. I had the processor and MAS programmed in advance. The cut to PRI and the processor switch took about 2 hours before the phones were ringing. The rest of the day was training, voice setup, ACD, and the stuff I missed on programing.

We swapped out 1 PDKU for a BWDKU so a few new DP5000 phones would work correctly. The rest of the cards (PDKUs and RSTUs)were left in place on existing tails.
Posted By: michael reid Re: Upgrade dk424 to .... - 11/10/12 11:17 AM
Thanks guys, that helps a ton!
Posted By: michael reid Re: Upgrade dk424 to .... - 11/30/12 06:18 PM
Speaking of DKAdmin, Anyone know if there is any place to purchase a copy or otherwise get my hands on a version of it, that would really come in handy.

Thanks,
Michael
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help