atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: andydansby IPT5132 Bricked? - 01/28/15 07:46 PM
I just recently tried to upgrade a 5132 to the latest firmware IP5K4-M2P5. The phone was running a much older firmware and there were a few oddball errors. When I ran the update, all looked ok until the reset (in emanager) took place and then nothing. All I have now are green lights on all the DSS keys.

Not wanting to unplug the unit, I went out and about doing service and at the end of the day, still nothing but those green lights.

The firmware update apparently did not happen and now I've got a dead phone.

I know the phone is able to perform some root level process, when I plug in my laptop to the PC side of things, the NIC shows that it's live, but as for any other operation it seems to be dead.

I saw at another post there was an IPT handset recovery method on fyi, however searches for this on fyi reveal nothing. Does anyone have the FYI link or can anyone PM me the process.

Thanks
Andy D.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: IPT5132 Bricked? - 01/28/15 08:38 PM
PM'd you
Posted By: andydansby Re: IPT5132 Bricked? - 01/29/15 10:58 PM
Thank you for the PM, sadly that does not work.

I read at some point, that there was a handset recovery method including setting your IP to a special address and FTP'ing into the phone to reflash the boot rom. I saw someone referred to this process on FYI, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks
Andy D.
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: IPT5132 Bricked? - 02/06/15 02:06 AM
Hi Andy

I have the process to recover the IPT.
Send me your email address and I will send it on to you.

Posted By: andydansby Re: IPT5132 Bricked? - 03/11/15 01:42 AM
Hi Carl:

PM sent. Thanks if you can send me the recovery process.
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: IPT5132 Bricked? - 03/13/15 12:11 AM
Hi Andy

PM replied have fun smile
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help