atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ltcomm Stratagy IVP8 R2 - 03/11/15 01:08 AM
Hello all

I have a customer with a Stratagy IVP8 R2 voicemail.
It looks like the system during its weekly reboot cycle every Tuesday at 2am dose not quit make it back into service and then the customer needs to cycle the power on the system for it to come back.

Is there any way to default the voicemail system to factory settings so i can start from scratch and maybe clear out any bugs in the system?
They only have about 6 users and dont use auto attendant so reprogramming would be no big deal.
Posted By: newtecky Re: Stratagy IVP8 R2 - 03/11/15 01:44 AM
I had a system that did that as well. We just replaced it. I noticed that sometimes during a reboot the software would just not start up for some unknown reason.

There was a Daylight savings time patch that will update some key files. Toshiba tech support will have to let you know where to get that file. This is not an upgrade through VM Manager, but an offline update. Sometimes this will fix some problems, but it did not work for me when I had this same issue.

The system also has the original configuration for the database as a backup on the flash drive. If the system is getting stuck trying to load the voicemail database then this could be a solution. You would have to know how to boot up to DOS, or use a CF card reader to copy the files.

Posted By: ltcomm Re: Stratagy IVP8 R2 - 03/11/15 02:21 AM
I'm going to see if I can set it so it dose not reboot every week or never reboot.
If I can't do that I'll most likely just replace it and hope I don't get another flakey one smirk
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Stratagy IVP8 R2 - 03/11/15 08:29 PM
Toshiba strongly suggests that you do not disable or change the weekly scheduled reboot. It's used for maintaining the database.
Besides, this is an indication of something not right with the unit and will inevitably stop working. Where are you in So Cal? I might be able to swap out the CF card for you. PM me if you're interested.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help