atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Gilles Remote Access to CIX40 and GVPH - 05/25/16 05:17 PM
Has anyone been successful connecting to the AMDS in the CIX40? I've created the Remotectx1 in windows but no matter what type of modem I've tried (internal or external) i can never get past the handshake.
Same thing with the internal modem on the GVPH.
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: Remote Access to CIX40 and GVPH - 05/25/16 11:08 PM
Are you dialing over VoIP lines or a PSTN with ADSL codes enabled? if so then it will probably not work very well.

Hook up the CIX40 to the customers LAN and setup port forwarding on their router and access it via the internet.
That wont help the GVPH as it only has the RS232 serial connection or modem for programming access.

Has the community name been changed on the CIX40?
Posted By: newtecky Re: Remote Access to CIX40 and GVPH - 05/25/16 11:25 PM
It's getting harder to connect through the modems as people migrate to new phone service. Even if the hand-off to the PBX is POTS or PRI, most telcom services use VoIP on the back end.

If you have some way to listen to the line, such as turning up the modem speaker or connecting a muted phone to the line, you should hear something that sounds like continuous white noise when the modems connect. If you just hear a series of different types of beeps, or beeps mixed with white noise, then the modems are having trouble negotiating.
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: Remote Access to CIX40 and GVPH - 05/26/16 01:03 AM
Hook up a local PC onsite to the network and serial cable to the GVPH and Teamviewer onto it to do remote programming.

Or sell them a Strata Messaging VM instead so you can program it via any browser.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Remote Access to CIX40 and GVPH - 06/02/16 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Carlos#1
That wont help the GVPH as it only has the RS232 serial connection or modem for programming access.

ORT GVM232 network programmer will solve this issue.
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: Remote Access to CIX40 and GVPH - 06/07/16 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by SSPhone
ORT GVM232 network programmer will solve this issue.

Exactly
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Remote Access to CIX40 and GVPH - 06/07/16 04:37 PM
The ORT GVM232 works great I have 3 of them in service
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help