atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: erniejoey Only a matter of time - 03/21/17 11:19 PM
Anybody else surprised by TSD closing their doors...Now what...
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Only a matter of time - 03/21/17 11:51 PM
Who is TSD
Posted By: newtecky Re: Only a matter of time - 03/22/17 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by hitechcomm
Who is TSD
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TSD
Tang Soo Do
Texas School for the Deaf
Transylvanian Society of Dracula

Since this is on a Toshiba forum, I am guessing; Telecommunication Systems Division?

Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Only a matter of time - 03/22/17 12:33 AM
???? Maybe this one??? Don't see any info from Toshiba or dealers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toshiba_Telecommunication_Systems_Division
Posted By: tsomctl Re: Only a matter of time - 03/22/17 07:42 AM
Considering how crappy the IPedge is, and that the CIX is just a glorified 1A2 switch, no, I'm not surprised. Actually, I am surprised that Toshiba didn't try to sell it off, at least for the IP. I guess that shows how crappy it is, that they couldn't find any buyers.

The part that I'm worried about is generating additional licenses.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Only a matter of time - 03/22/17 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by tsomctl
Considering how crappy the IPedge is, and that the CIX is just a glorified 1A2 switch, no, I'm not surprised. Actually, I am surprised that Toshiba didn't try to sell it off, at least for the IP. I guess that shows how crappy it is, that they couldn't find any buyers.

The part that I'm worried about is generating additional licenses.

Just joins today and first post is how crappy a system is, nice. As a full line Toshiba Dealer who has been through this before when Telrad was gutted by outside losses I can assure you there will be a spin off of Toshiba TSD. Why didn't they sell, well since the news just came via email at 6PM EDT no one knows. This was a mandate from the top in Japan. Losing 6.5 Billion from the Nuclear Energy side has damaged the company across the board.
Posted By: newtecky Re: Only a matter of time - 03/22/17 04:40 PM
Ok, just heard today.
Posted By: aweaver Re: Only a matter of time - 03/22/17 09:48 PM
See news topic
https://sundance-communications.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/609072#Post609072
Posted By: www.telcom1.net Re: Only a matter of time - 03/23/17 01:18 PM
It looks like toshiba is pulling out of the us market, Im sure all of the smaller product divisions are going to be affected (copiers, security cameras,x-ray machines etc etc)

Just based off Toshiba being the second highest post count on the forums Id say they have a massive presence in this industry and I wouldn't be surprised if another large player picked it up.
I've been told the VIPedge cloud based pbx has over 30,000 customers.
Plus they have to support the current products for 7 or 10 years by Law so i'm not overly concerned

In the past 3.5 years I've sold nothing but hosted voip save for the one used CIX670 for a company that had no bandwidth necessary in their building.

The handwriting is on the wall for all copper line based systems, the only future is voip and who knows what comes after that.

Mostly every phone I sell is the Yealink T-29G with a wifi dongle. The phone is shipped to them and all they do is plug in the power supply, select the network for their company and type in the password. Incredibly cheaper than running cable.

All the guys who are thrilled running cable will see that disappear. I have a dozen phones on Santa Monica Blvd. in LA running on Wi-fi, a dozen Apples running on wi-fi and if their service goes down they can piggy back on the guy next door running wifi, just search, put in password and done.

And, my commissions on the dial tones (not a per seat deal) is 25% so I don't care if I never sell another ksu, circuit cards, vm, would love to get rid of the stuff I have for anything.

The future is here and it is voip, copper lines are going to go away. AT&T is testing high speed bandwidth over electric lines, that means even Spectrum cable will go away, just a matter of time and technology.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Only a matter of time - 03/31/17 10:17 PM
AT&T is testing high speed bandwidth over electric lines...

Urggh, not that again. That's been tried by different companies for the last 15 years and never went anywhere. Not necessarily because it didn't work but because it's economically and technically not viable.

-Hal
Posted By: newtecky Re: Only a matter of time - 03/31/17 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie

The future is here and it is voip, copper lines are going to go away. AT&T is testing high speed bandwidth over electric lines, that means even Spectrum cable will go away, just a matter of time and technology.

VoIP, in some form, is here for the long term.
Hosted VoIP appears to be going strong and continues to be a growing, along with the competition. Toshiba was in there with VIPEdge, just like just about everyone else.

I don't see copper going away any time soon, at least on the premise. As good as wireless gets, it has never been able to compete with premise cabling. Plus copper can power a phone, while wireless can not. But it streams my Netflix great from the next room.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help