atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: c watson ross Starplus STS CID Problem - 09/30/05 08:21 AM
My system suddenly stopped showing CID information about two months ago. I've had the phone company out to check the lines, and the CID comes through just fine as long as they disconnect our system first. I've read the last year or so of postings that reference CID problems and have several questions- first- the call ring delay programming keeps getting referenced as "Flash 40 Page C" etc. I have a Flash button, but no "page" button (though I programmed one in on a flex button just to see if I could get it to work that way) or a "c" button. Are we talking about the same system, or perhaps different models of key sets? Second- I've read that the issue could be that the CID card has come unseated, but I have no idea how to open up the phone, let look for the card inside. I imagine I could get out a screwdriver and look around the guts, but I have an aversion to messing around inside electronic components if I'm not sure what I'm dealing with and looking for.
I know it could be a firmware issue, and I have the phone number to call to check and see if that's the case, but I wanted to check on the simple option (reprogramming ring delay- which doesn't appear to be in my manual) before trying more complex ones.

Thanks
Posted By: CountyTech Re: Starplus STS CID Problem - 09/30/05 09:03 AM
These are not things that an end user can do or should attempt.

"the call ring delay programming keeps getting referenced as "Flash 40 Page C" etc."

These are within the programming area and can only be accessed or changed by techs who are Vodavi trained.

And No, you don't want to open the cabinet unless you are trained.

You will need to contact a Vodavi vendor in your area.
Posted By: dwflood Re: Starplus STS CID Problem - 09/30/05 09:55 AM
Originally posted by c watson ross:
I've read that the issue could be that the CID card has come unseated, but I have no idea how to open up the phone, let look for the card inside. I imagine I could get out a screwdriver and look around the guts, but I have an aversion to messing around inside electronic components if I'm not sure what I'm dealing with and looking for.
Thanks
The caller-ID board is a component inside the KSU (the box mounted on the wall that controls the phones) and not a part of the telephone itself.

Have you contacted your installer or local Vodavi dealer for help with this?
Posted By: c watson ross Re: Starplus STS CID Problem - 09/30/05 11:00 AM
Thanks. I'll probably call the vendor. We just like to deal with as many problems in house as possible.
Posted By: Syme Re: Starplus STS CID Problem - 09/30/05 09:49 PM
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help