atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Joe W Vodavi XTS and Pathfinder voice mail - 05/12/09 06:49 PM
I have a client of mine that has a Vodavi XTS and a 8 port pathfinder voice mail and the MWI light stoped working. I am at my wits end trying to figure this out any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: oobie Re: Vodavi XTS and Pathfinder voice mail - 05/13/09 06:30 AM
Did you call all 8 ports to verify that all 8 ports are working?
Posted By: MnDave Re: Vodavi XTS and Pathfinder voice mail - 05/13/09 10:00 AM
Defrag. It resolves so many issues. Otherwise, rule out the station port by testing with your butt set for analog or turn off station lock and use a digital set. Does Notification (to outside #) also fail?
Posted By: Derrick Re: Vodavi XTS and Pathfinder voice mail - 05/13/09 11:38 AM
You didn't post if this is a digital or analog voice mail. However the msg lights are usually lit by the last port in the system. You need to call it and verify that it is working.
Posted By: Joe W Re: Vodavi XTS and Pathfinder voice mail - 05/14/09 05:54 PM
Ok thanks i am going the the client site tomorrow if all that checks out fine what would i check next
Posted By: 93mdk93 Re: Vodavi XTS and Pathfinder voice mail - 05/14/09 06:23 PM
make sure the last port on the Pathfinder is in your vm group (usually 440) - if it's in another group, that'd cause the MWI to fail to light.
Posted By: Joe W Re: Vodavi XTS and Pathfinder voice mail - 05/14/09 07:32 PM
Would that be flash 65 to verify the port numbers. Sorry guys i am more of a nortel guy here
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Vodavi XTS and Pathfinder voice mail - 05/15/09 04:41 AM
Originally posted by Joe W:
Would that be flash 65 to verify the port numbers. Sorry guys i am more of a nortel guy here
Yes. Button 1 for 440. Button 12 will tell you what stations are in the group.
Posted By: Joe W Re: Vodavi XTS and Pathfinder voice mail - 05/15/09 09:19 AM
Ok the first 4 ports are working and the last 4 are not and the phone at ext 300 is showing VM Alarm 0
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Vodavi XTS and Pathfinder voice mail - 05/15/09 09:58 AM
That alarm condition indicates that the system is not seeing the last four ports. This could be a simple wiring issue or a bad port card. Try moving the four known working station ports to the four non-working ports on the Pathfinder to rule out a port card issue.
Posted By: Joe W Re: Vodavi XTS and Pathfinder voice mail - 05/15/09 10:13 AM
i rebooted the VM system and the vm alarm went away but still the last 4 ports are not working
Posted By: Joe W Re: Vodavi XTS and Pathfinder voice mail - 05/15/09 10:52 AM
Got it fixed!! The amphnol cable came loose on the back of the VM. Also how do i program a loop button into a set
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Vodavi XTS and Pathfinder voice mail - 05/15/09 11:03 AM
From base level system programming, go to flash 51, page B, then button 11. Dial two digit button number plus 2, then hold.
Posted By: OldH2oSkier Re: Vodavi XTS and Pathfinder voice mail - 05/15/09 02:27 PM
I recommend enabling CO Loop/Pool in Flash 50 page "A" button 17 so that LOOP POOL and line keys can be programmed at the station level.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help