atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: AnglersMark XTS and TRIAD 1,2 backup - 01/11/11 04:46 AM
I've got a couple of XTS's and TRIAD 1 and 2 installed and would like to save the programming to a disk. Would you guys know what software I would need from Vodavi to do this? Is it something I can get off of their site? I think the system manuals have the process for doing the actual download (?) Thanks for any input.
Posted By: GeeRay Re: XTS and TRIAD 1,2 backup - 01/11/11 05:04 AM
you can use Hyperterm, I believe 6.3 or better. You can use admin (windba)that can be downloaded from the vconnect site. I think most like the hyperterm, but the admin on the laptop is nice because you can look at the data base and make changes
Posted By: EV607797 Re: XTS and TRIAD 1,2 backup - 01/11/11 09:11 AM
If you look in the maintenance section of the manual, they give pretty good step-by-step instructions on doing this with HyperTerminal, Procomm, etc.

I don't trust WinDBA, plus you'll likely need a different version for each system you have. Not to mention, the older versions probably won't be on Vertical's site since they are not very interested in supporting the Vodavi line any more than they have to.
Posted By: AnglersMark Re: XTS and TRIAD 1,2 backup - 01/11/11 02:44 PM
Thank you both. To clarify, If I had Hyperterminal 6.3 or better, I should be able to download and save the programming on any of the XTS's or Triads? Thanks again.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: XTS and TRIAD 1,2 backup - 01/11/11 04:07 PM
Yes, the procedure is identical for all systems up to the XTS, including the STS.
Posted By: MnDave Re: XTS and TRIAD 1,2 backup - 01/11/11 08:22 PM
You will find a few here who prefer WinDBA since it is relativly easy to follow. However, like Ed, I prefer Hyperterminal since "one size fits all". Also, learning the commmand line interface method has become second nature to me.
Posted By: Supert8ch Re: XTS and TRIAD 1,2 backup - 01/13/11 06:23 AM
I remember back in the day when I first started with the TRIADS and called for support.
Support tech would say ok so lets look at flash 40 for line 4, I went to training and all they showed us was WinDBA. What the heck was this flash. After that it was so much better to just use the phone and Procomm or hyperterminal.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help