atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mbrown1971 Supervisior Monitor with Barge-In. - 05/05/16 05:09 AM
I'm not sure in 20 years I have ever done this on a Vodavi XTS. I think I saw Flash 50 button 12 to enable yet I'm sure their must be more steps. Anyone know the easy steps. The Manager has 5 employees he wants to be able to do this on. Thanks for any support that can help me.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Supervisior Monitor with Barge-In. - 05/05/16 12:43 PM
One way to do this is executive override. Allow the Manager to have access to the feature and disable the warning tone. The manager will need to hit the mute button so the person being monitored does not hear them.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Supervisior Monitor with Barge-In. - 05/06/16 12:58 AM
And remember that the EOR key on the supervising phone must be programmed with feature code 625. Dial the busy extension, press the mute button, then press the EOR key to monitor. As Derrick said, you want to be muted BEFORE you barge in. Granted, there will be a slight drop in audio level on the call in progress, but in this day of cell phone quality on calls anymore, nobody will have a clue.
Posted By: mbrown1971 Re: Supervisior Monitor with Barge-In. - 05/23/16 05:59 PM
So I have gave it a try and have call the station than mute and button feature 625 and nothing. I try the CO Line and it didn't work either. Any clue what I did wrong.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Supervisior Monitor with Barge-In. - 05/24/16 12:31 AM
The option has to be enabled for any extension that needs it in admin programming, flash 50, 51. Just programming a button does not automatically make it work. Once enabled and button programmed it will work...but you have to get a busy signal when the station is called first, override does not work if the phone is forwarded to another extension or to voice mail. Forwarding can be over ridden by dialing 5# and then the extension, once you hear a busy tone press the override key. Executive override does not work with a co line only an extension. It will also not work if you call a hunt group pilot number...the busy signal is always required.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help