atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phonedork Pulse / tone Macrotel - 02/20/06 02:20 PM
We had a significant power outage on Friday so now I am trying to reset our Macrotel MT-16T phones. Almost everything is set, but the phone won't due the usually "touch tone" setting. Instead it is slow and clicks as if it were a oldschool dial phone.

It still dials, but i think this is causing havic with the fax line.

Any Suggestions?
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Pulse / tone Macrotel - 02/20/06 02:30 PM
Your system has defaulted to the original rotary dialing for CO lines. The system has to be programmed for tone dial.
Posted By: phonedork Re: Pulse / tone Macrotel - 02/20/06 02:32 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but so far, I can't figure out how to program them for tone dial. Do you know what the program codes are for that?
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Pulse / tone Macrotel - 02/20/06 02:45 PM
That's a pretty old system and I haven't serviced one for over 15 years. I don't think I have the manuals for that one either.
Posted By: phonedork Re: Pulse / tone Macrotel - 02/20/06 02:52 PM
We got a manual with the phone but it doesn't address this.

Thanks though...At least I know I am on the right track and probably don't need to chuck out all the phones & the fax too. smile
Posted By: phonedork Re: Pulse / tone Macrotel - 02/20/06 03:09 PM
Ok, Some one just told me to dial # 42 (trunk dial type) 00000000#

I have done this now with eight 0s & also eight 1's but it won't change. Any other suggestios anyone?
Posted By: KENB Re: Pulse / tone Macrotel - 02/20/06 03:57 PM
#42 is the same program as the Samsung prostar 816

You need to open the programming first ,then go to #42

Dork i will pm you.

While were at it could you complete your profile
Thanks
I pmd the samsung program and hope that it works ,both systems were same except for a few minor changes
Posted By: phonedork Re: Pulse / tone Macrotel - 02/21/06 08:03 AM
Thanks, but I tried the whole #42, trunk dial type thing. with 0's and also with 1's no luck. It doesnt change anything.
Posted By: phonedork Re: Pulse / tone Macrotel - 02/21/06 10:26 AM
Ok. So Now trunk dial type is set to the 1's. The phone allows me type in numbers quickly, but it still does not have a tone for each number.
Posted By: KENB Re: Pulse / tone Macrotel - 02/22/06 02:56 AM
Try #22 put in 0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0 Thats 8 o's
Posted By: phonedork Re: Pulse / tone Macrotel - 02/22/06 08:56 AM
Thanks for everyones help. It is definately set to tone dial now. The phone & fax are still having issues, so here is a new question.

Is the "system manual" that I can purchase on line different than the "users guide"?
Posted By: phonedork Re: Pulse / tone Macrotel - 02/22/06 11:25 AM
I bought the manual, have everything reset, except for the fax. The fax has no dial tone, but the designated fax line on the phone does have dial tone. So i think i just have to figure out how to make the phone system "talk" to the fax.
Program 38, 0 is a key phone, 1 is a DTMF s/l phone.

You MUST dial all 16 digits no matter how complete the display looks. Without dialing 16 digits, nothing changes.

Now to your real problem, a dead ni-cd battery.

You have options:

Install a battery backup set (two 12 volt, 7 to 33 Amp hour batteries in series) to the white battery back up connector and leave the bad ni-cd battery in place.

Or

Go to the (probably green) battery on the motherboard, about two inches above the power supply, about two inches from the right side of the cabinet. Buy a 3.6 volt Ni-Mh battery of the same size more or less and solder it in place of the current worthless battery.

You can take all the screws off the motherboard, or you can cut the battery in half, (use a pair of dykes to cut it in half,) and solder the new battery lead wires to the exposed battery contacts making sure to keep + an - in order.

Now you won't have to do the programming all over again when the AC fails.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help