atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: 93mdk93 Hitachi system in motel - 04/13/09 09:29 AM
i've gotten a couple calls recently from motels with old Hitachi phone systems (HCX, i think). i know nothing about them and have been unable to track down any documentation thus far.

is there any reason to try to support these guys or should i push them to get something else, like a Mitel? (we usually do SX200 w/ Call-A-Matic and EZ Answer in motels..)
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Hitachi system in motel - 04/28/09 03:20 PM
You can try googling: "Hitachi Telephone System Manuals" I found a few sites that sell the manuals for the various systems.

Service work always goes faster and makes you look better, when it's on a system you know
Posted By: TSS Re: Hitachi system in motel - 04/29/09 04:36 AM
I am in the same boat. I have worked on a couple of Hitachi HCX 5000's but just enough to get by. Does anyone know what settings I need to be at to get in remotely? I can dial into the modem but I must have an incorrect setting that gives me some garbage.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Hitachi system in motel - 04/29/09 11:19 AM
TSS- Try this web site:

https://www.hitel.com/support/pbx_level_1/pdf_files/pbx_techbullet_all.pdf
Posted By: 93mdk93 Re: Hitachi system in motel - 05/01/09 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Professor Shadow:
You can try googling: "Hitachi Telephone System Manuals" I found a few sites that sell the manuals for the various systems.
Yeah, I tried that before posting.. the only manuals I was able to find were for the Digital DX and the Entel SDX-80; unfortunately I need the HCX-5100 manual.

Oh well, guess we'll have to pass. Fortunately we've no shortage of work these days..
Posted By: crisco3 Re: Hitachi system in motel - 05/01/09 12:54 PM
There is a company in Columbus Ohio called TelNet that works on these systems. They have called us up and used me as there eyes before. They will remote in and make changes. Chance are if you referred them that customer they would use you as there eyes if needed. So you might get a little out of it
Posted By: 93mdk93 Re: Hitachi system in motel - 05/01/09 11:35 PM
Good call bruh, I'll check 'em out.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help