atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Zulea Grandstream Paging Delay - 05/02/17 10:32 PM
I've installed a Grandstream system (UCM 6510) plus 80 extensions. Calling is working great.
I have a Page button for users to use when paging all extensions and our overhead PA speakers.
When I press the button we have to wait about 10 or 15 seconds before we can speak... It seems that we are waiting for all the extensions to activate or something before we can talk.

Any thoughts on how to shorten that delay?

Thanks
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: Grandstream Paging Delay - 05/02/17 10:43 PM
We've had similar issues in the past. The only fix Grandstream tech support suggests is to cut down the number of page group members. Our issue was a 5 to 10 second delay with 20 phones in a group. Cutting the member list in half solved the delay issue. Not a perfect fix to be sure, but the only one we've discovered.
Posted By: Zulea Re: Grandstream Paging Delay - 05/04/17 08:42 PM
Thanks.

That i what i was afraid was the answer...
Posted By: Zulea Re: Grandstream Paging Delay - 05/08/17 06:42 PM
JBean3329,
How do you page to the others that you had to take out of the group?
Did you make more groups with 10-15 ext. in each and add them to a single group? Would that even help my situation?

Thanks
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: Grandstream Paging Delay - 05/08/17 10:02 PM
We ad separate groups, but didn't add them all together- that just brings the total paths needed back up. You'd have to make separate pages to each group. Clunky, I know. We're still looking for some sort of Multicast solution.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help