atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: LaneComm Electra Elite IPK II - 06/14/06 03:27 PM
Hi All,

Looking to source a system install and programming manual for the NEC Electra Elite IPK II?

Any Suggestions?

Thanks!
Posted By: dans Re: Electra Elite IPK II - 06/15/06 05:35 AM
Are you looking for a NEC certified tech to do a install for you?
Posted By: LaneComm Re: Electra Elite IPK II - 06/16/06 06:38 PM
No I am just looking for a manual - we have just picked up this account as custoer threw out the installation company and have asked us to step up and help them out.
Posted By: dans Re: Electra Elite IPK II - 06/19/06 08:12 AM
Since this system is very new your best bet is to find a local NEC dealer. The IPK ll has to be registered (licensed) with NEC. If you managed to get a copy of PC pro that will also have to be registered with NEC, along with SMDR, ACD and so on. You can program threw the phone but when a expansion cabinet is added you will need PC Pro to expand.

Dan S
Posted By: paulw Re: Electra Elite IPK II - 06/19/06 01:31 PM
You can also program thru WebPro via a web browser but you don't have ability to save a system configuration back to your PC.. The Activation method for running PCPro will be a pain for most dealers and their techs..
Posted By: dans Re: Electra Elite IPK II - 06/20/06 05:48 AM
Paulw,

I fail to see where the pain in activating PC Pro is. You do one copy per lap top or PC and your done.

Dan S
Posted By: paulw Re: Electra Elite IPK II - 06/20/06 06:09 PM
Originally posted by dans:
Paulw,

I fail to see where the pain in activating PC Pro is. You do one copy per lap top or PC and your done.

Dan S
The problem is and we get it all the time wth the Elite system .
1. A tech arrives on a site to do MACs discovers the system has latter software that he has and has to download the latest version. Currently this is OK. On a IPK2 site after he installs the PCPro he then has to activate the software again which may not be posable where he is.
2. Laptop PCs get trash , change quite regulary. Tech then has to get copy of PCPro and install again then has it activate it. This is where it will be a pain. Currently in our region the techs get SAT/MAT for free. With PCPro this will cost about an extra $75/ PC if the curent pricing model goes thru..
Posted By: domino Re: Electra Elite IPK II - 07/09/06 08:46 PM
I think that was the purpose...is because SAT/MAT are being downloaded for free and put on multiple computers.."Think another large software company had the same problem". and they did the same thing.
Posted By: IPKII Re: Electra Elite IPK II - 07/27/06 05:25 PM
When you purchase your PC PRO license, you need to save the stock # & activation code documentation you recieve with it. This will allow you to re-load it when your laptop crash's.
As to programming, all commands are accessable thru the terminal, however, it is very complicated. Web Pro has limited access to some commands. I set up all my switch's with PC Pro.
Posted By: paulw Re: Electra Elite IPK II - 07/27/06 07:12 PM
Originally posted by IPKII:
When you purchase your PC PRO license, you need to save the stock # & activation code documentation you recieve with it. This will allow you to re-load it when your laptop crash's.
From my dealing with field techs these days most of them after 6 months have no idea where the last TIB or SIB is keptafter being sent to them let along PCPro activation codes and the like..
Posted By: domino Re: Electra Elite IPK II - 08/03/06 08:39 PM
Maybe I am the exception but I still have my old software codes from a 2400MMG I installed in '80's (dated myself). I always keep my software and codes together and in a safe place.
Lose a few laptops both to human and other errors and you would too.
Posted By: domino Re: Electra Elite IPK II - 08/03/06 08:42 PM
NEC now has PcPro available on their web site and are furnishing a Activation code for a short time. You can load it on any computer.
Posted By: NECAVAYAMAN Re: Electra Elite IPK II - 08/09/06 12:11 PM
IPK II, whats going on everyone. new to forum. I work with dr. pbx a moderator here, he turned me n to this site as well as some good crack! wanted to let everyone here know that I have a solid knowledge of the ipk ii system and have received superb support from rca and dnr, so looking to return the favor, if you need anything hit me up and i will do my best.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help