atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: nambi_ NEC Dterm 80 Display Issues - 06/10/08 01:59 PM
I have about 5 Dterm80's DTH-16D-2 all made in Jan 07 with display problems whereby the pixals seem to be missing, is this a common problem with the Dterm80's?

Thanks
Posted By: dans Re: NEC Dterm 80 Display Issues - 06/10/08 03:45 PM
There was a problem with some lot numbers.

Call NEC with the serial numbers, they should send out replacements
Posted By: doghart Re: NEC Dterm 80 Display Issues - 06/10/08 05:38 PM
NEC was replacing the sets that had a bad ribbon cable between the LCD and the Phone causing lines through the displays.

Unfortunately for you, they stopped doing advance replacements on them as of Nov. 2007.

If these sets are still under warranty you'll have to send them in and be without phones while they are repaired.

D
Posted By: jemmyn Re: NEC Dterm 80 Display Issues - 12/31/08 09:25 AM
I have 8 of the DTH-8D-2 made in August 2006.

They have a very similar problem with pixels missing on the display. Strangely, they all stopped working at roughly the same time. I was not here to say if it was the same day or not.

Do you know of any other source to get these ribbon cables so I can replace them myself?

I will try NEC again, but have had no luck with them yet for this cable.
Posted By: scotttoolguy Re: NEC Dterm 80 Display Issues - 12/31/08 01:07 PM
They will not sell you just a replacement part. Call NEC to see if maybe they will replace them through a recall or some other way, I personally doubt it though. Seeing as these phones are several years old, they may just tell you to buy new ones.

Scott
Posted By: jemmyn Re: NEC Dterm 80 Display Issues - 12/31/08 04:44 PM
Thanks for the speedy reply scotttoolguy.

The worst part about this whole thing is that we just bought the phones less than a year ago from our phone company. Then our telco was acquired so I am having no luck with them either.

At least I didn't buy 3000 like some others have mentioned.

If all these channels end in failure, I will just solder a new ribbon cable on myself, it looks pretty standard.
Posted By: vad60 Re: NEC Dterm 80 Display Issues - 01/01/09 09:28 AM
I don't think it's a problem with ribbon cable. Ribbon is just a point-to-point copper. You can't assume that all ribbons stop working. It is a problem with IC chip that decodes signals for Display or Display itself. So, you will spend your time by resoldering all ribbons for nothing.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help