atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: eriway LX Voice Mail / Putty - 07/08/08 02:39 PM
Can some one point me in the right direction to get the PUTTY application and Technician's instructions for accessing and programming the LX voice mail?

I googled "Putty" and found about a dozen different downloadable applications, but I'm not sure which is which.

Or... About 6 months ago, I went on a service call for a vendor on the east coast that has a customer out here. The customer had the LX mail, and the vendor had me access the voice mail programming via an ethernet cable and IP address. Is this doable on all LX vmails?

I am intimately familiar with the DOS based elite mail, but have not had a need for servicing the LX until today.

Any help or guidance is appreciated.
Posted By: paulw Re: LX Voice Mail / Putty - 07/08/08 06:03 PM
This is the version that i use here..
https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/
Posted By: BTECH Re: LX Voice Mail / Putty - 07/08/08 07:04 PM
PM sent
Posted By: dans Re: LX Voice Mail / Putty - 07/09/08 06:49 AM
Admin on LX voice mails are accessed vie the ethernet port, you cannot access it like you used to on the older elite mails.

Putty is used for more deeper settings such as changing the IP address and for some reason the only way to change the time.
Posted By: eriway Re: LX Voice Mail / Putty - 07/09/08 07:44 AM
Thanks for the replys.

I have downloaded the putty.exe file and will play with it. From experience, I have found that very little with Elite applications is intuitive and simple. Is there available instructions for configuring the putty application to access the LX voice mail...... baud rate... that type of thing? Login info?..... generally, a simple "Get started" cheat sheet?
Posted By: paulw Re: LX Voice Mail / Putty - 07/09/08 01:50 PM
Originally posted by dans:

Putty is used for more deeper settings such as changing the IP address and for some reason the only way to change the time.
One of the good things about the UM8000 mail (LX equiv) in the SV8XXX systems is that the time and date is controlled from the system clock as in the InMail
Posted By: IPKII Re: LX Voice Mail / Putty - 07/10/08 04:05 PM
:banana:
Posted By: IPKII Re: LX Voice Mail / Putty - 07/10/08 04:06 PM
Originally posted by eriway:
Thanks for the replys.

I have downloaded the putty.exe file and will play with it. From experience, I have found that very little with Elite applications is intuitive and simple. Is there available instructions for configuring the putty application to access the LX voice mail...... baud rate... that type of thing? Login info?..... generally, a simple "Get started" cheat sheet?
Posted By: IPKII Re: LX Voice Mail / Putty - 07/10/08 04:09 PM
I have not been able to find any "cheat sheet's for any Elite Mail apps. However, if you have access to NTAC's website, you can find the system manuals for the Elite Mail LX there.
Posted By: paulw Re: LX Voice Mail / Putty - 07/10/08 10:02 PM
The only cheet sheet that I have is the one I made for a quick and dirty change of time and date

"Do the following to set the time and date

Run the application PuTTy.exe and login to the LX Lite mail.

Access the Maintenance Menu and stop the voicemail.
When the mail stops exit to the “shared command prompt”

Check the clock Do not enter the “” on the commands

Type “date” then enter. Date will look like this
Wed Jul 9 21:08:48 UTC 2008
Adjust the clock
Type in “date 062009462008” MMDDhhmmYYYY

Type in “hwclock –systohc” this sets the hardware clock to the same time as the software clock

Type “rm /etc/adjtime” this removes the adjtime file

To start the mail from the command prompt type “ shutdown –r now”
This will reboot the voicemail

Notes: Set date time command line, type: date 110814382006 ( equals Nov 8, 14:38, 2006. )

At the command prompt, type the following syntax to match the hardware clock to the system clock: hwclock --systohc (hwclock space negative negative systohc)

A better and more accurate way of keeping the time and date accurate to to put the LX mail on the customers LAN so that it can access a external time server.
To do this you will have to enter a local IP address, subnet and gateway in the network setup of the LX mail.."
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help