atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Talkbot Function key issue - 09/30/09 12:52 PM
I am trying to program Repeat Dial (29) on an Aspire S and one extension won't take it, and when I try Webpro to assign the function a message pops up saying "there were errors when trying to apply the changes". It's a four phone system with all extensions on the same class of service, and I have no problem with the other three. Anyone know what I am missing? Thanks
Posted By: Toolie Re: Function key issue - 10/01/09 03:03 PM
I have found in the past with Aspire - that sometimes the data for a function key does not show up in WebPro, but in fact there is something there. So, when trying to assign a new or different function - sometimes that error comes up.

What usually works is to set the function key to None first, and make sure the data field is deleted as well (even if it already looks blank)

Apply changes to see if it accepts that change. Thne go ahead and try to program the key as you would like.
Posted By: Talkbot Re: Function key issue - 10/02/09 06:12 AM
Thanks, that's also good to know. What it turned out to be was a unlabled key already assigned as repeat dial. As soon as I cleared that key location, I was able to set repeat dial on the key I wanted. I just didn't think to check all the function key pages in webpro. Thanks for your help.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help