atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Ray01 DSX 40 - 11/06/09 02:13 PM
I got a customer with a DSX 40. He is getting another location with another system. (DSX).

He was told that 1 of my competitors could tie in his present location with another phone system at his new location w/o VoiP. He wants to be able to combine the 2 locations. I do not know any more details than this about the tie in. Is this possible? Offices are about 6 miles apart.
Posted By: ttech Re: DSX 40 - 11/06/09 03:56 PM
Well... sort of. You would use VOIP adapters at each end (generic not NEC). Hook a line on one end to an analog station port on the other end, and vice-versa. you can communicate between the 2 by choosing "the line" and it gives you extension dial tone at the other end then you can dial an intercom number of the far system and call out too if you want.

It does not necessarily combine 2 systems but allows them to communicate. The number of voice paths (lines and extension ports used) will dictate the simultaneous calls that can be made between the 2 systems.

In theory any system that has both Spare analog extension ports and Spare C.O. ports can achieve this.
Posted By: Ray01 Re: DSX 40 - 11/07/09 03:28 AM
thanks tech
Posted By: PacketSmasher5000 Re: DSX 40 - 11/11/09 11:58 AM
most people use a quintum gateway or multitech routefinder to accomplish this but i'll tell you it's a very kludgy integration and kind of a pain in the ass to setup. The dsx is a great system but for the cost of the gateways you could almost buy a new pure ip system
Posted By: JordonJ Re: DSX 40 - 11/11/09 02:54 PM
As much as I like the DSX, for networking different locations, you'd be better off with one of the bigger NEC models, or the IP Office, the InterTel Axxess, etc...a system that was actually designed to do it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the DSX was designed to do that.
Posted By: apccommgrp Re: DSX 40 - 11/11/09 05:27 PM
I like the DSX and what ttech said will work, but pure IP systems by themselves can sometimes be a pain in the butt. IMO that setup on a DSX could be more trouble than its worth. Of course with my opinion and 4 bucks you could get some really crappy coffee @ starbucks.
Posted By: Ray01 Re: DSX 40 - 11/19/09 08:45 PM
Thanks gentlemen
Posted By: cosmo57 Re: DSX 40 - 11/20/09 08:29 AM
We did the beta testing for the DSX VOIP. The DSX are not made to be able to connect to each other, only to the remote phones. Have him tie the 2 offices together with remote phones at one location. if he only has a few (3-8) phones you should be able to do that.

Like Jordan said, your best bet is to go with a bigger NEC or another brand that has that capability.

ESI does a good job with that, I have seven offices linked together with ESI Systems with great sucess.

Cosmo
Posted By: Ray01 Re: DSX 40 - 11/26/09 06:23 PM
The owner will not go with another system since the 1 he has is a year old. I will look into the remote phones and see if that works. Thanks
Posted By: brokeda Re: DSX 40 - 11/29/09 02:25 PM
Call transfer disconnect does great, costs less, can be put in AA.
SIP even better if NEC ever gets this.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: DSX 40 - 11/29/09 09:20 PM
Originally posted by brokeda:
Call transfer disconnect does great, costs less, can be put in AA.
SIP even better if NEC ever gets this.
Actually NEC can do that...just not the DX line.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help