atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Greengryphon ELECTRA ELITE IPK- opening greeting - 07/19/12 10:47 AM
I am trying to help a small school with an Electra Elite IPK phone system, they have had a 100% administration change and have none of the manuals etc that cam with this system. At any rate, they cannot change the opening greeting for the school.

How can the various greetings ( standard, night, busy) be changed. I figured out how to change personal greetings, but not the main one for the school.

Thank you.

PS.
Is there anywhere to get a system manager guide for this product? The programing guide is not helpful.
Posted By: DrPbx Re: ELECTRA ELITE IPK- opening greeting - 07/19/12 11:28 AM
You need to log in as sys admin or connect to the system with software. You won't get step by step programming info here. If you are a good phone tech, search some posts & you might find the answer.
Posted By: Greengryphon Re: ELECTRA ELITE IPK- opening greeting - 07/19/12 11:34 AM
You have to log in with system software to change the main greeting?

You can't do that from the primary handset?

I don't want to make any structural changes to the system, I just want to change their outgoing messages.

For the record i am not a phone tech, I am a computer tech who is trying to help them with their problems (which are many), I am not charging them or anything, they don't have the money for that.

I cannot imagine changing the outgoing greeting could be that hard, it is one of the primary purposes of a phone system.
Posted By: DrPbx Re: ELECTRA ELITE IPK- opening greeting - 07/19/12 12:09 PM
Slow down..... read my first sentence again. Log in as sys admin OR connect with software.
Posted By: Greengryphon Re: ELECTRA ELITE IPK- opening greeting - 07/19/12 12:13 PM
Well as far as I know I have logged in as the system admin...

As I have been able to figure out, Go to the 101 handset... log into voice mail, hit 72, get to greetings... accept that doesn't change the main greeting.

What am I doing wrong?
Posted By: Greengryphon Re: ELECTRA ELITE IPK- opening greeting - 07/19/12 12:23 PM
I apologize if I seem curt... I do not intend to, I am simply extremely frustrated with this problem.
Posted By: DrPbx Re: ELECTRA ELITE IPK- opening greeting - 07/19/12 01:04 PM
Those are instructions for an IPKII inmail, is that what you are using?
Posted By: Greengryphon Re: ELECTRA ELITE IPK- opening greeting - 07/19/12 01:13 PM
No, I am using an IPK (not II), I have no idea how it was set up beyond that.

I don't know if it is an LX system or an inmail system but there is no Mgmt button on the handset.
Posted By: dans Re: ELECTRA ELITE IPK- opening greeting - 07/19/12 02:55 PM
You tried logging into extension 101, by default extensions on the IPK start at 100 and this is usually the mailbox assign as system admin.

The IPK II extensions start out at 101.

You can tell by looking at the phone display what system you have, IPK display has 1 line, the IPK II display has 3 lines.

You either have the elite mail, LX voice mail or InMail. With the Elite or LX when you log into the users mailbox and they have admin rights then you will see Mgmt after you press them more softkey. The InMail system admin code is 72, if you get a error when you dial 72 then that phone does not have admin rights.

On any of these systems the admin functions can be assign to any phone.

If none of this works contact a NEC tech to help out.
Posted By: Greengryphon Re: ELECTRA ELITE IPK- opening greeting - 07/19/12 03:10 PM
Thank you... I will try again tomorrow... I didn't get an error after hitting 72, it took me to a menu to change the greetings, but when the greeting there is changed it still does not change the outgoing message.
Posted By: IPK II Re: ELECTRA ELITE IPK- opening greeting - 07/19/12 08:45 PM
We really need to find out what kind of VMail platform is on your system. Does the CPU have a flash card on it, or is there a circuit board in one of the KSU slots?

I can recommend several good NEC vendors in Houston, btw...for a 1HR charge, you can be admin trained & it will be money well spent.
Posted By: Greengryphon Re: ELECTRA ELITE IPK- opening greeting - 07/20/12 12:54 PM
Thank you all, once I knew what to look for ( i.e. looking inside the case) it was pretty easy to figure out what i was dealing with.... also the admin phone was set to 105, so once I figured that out, and that I was dealing with an Elite LX it went pretty easily.

THANK YOU ALL.
Posted By: IPK II Re: ELECTRA ELITE IPK- opening greeting - 07/20/12 05:02 PM
You are very welcome, indeed!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help