atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: chriserasmo NEC SV8100 and DT700 IP Terminal via VPN - 09/20/13 07:43 AM
Hi guys, thanks to this forum it helps me a lot in my NEC troubleshooting. We have a SV8100 in our main office. I install the NEC DT700 IP terminal (NEC ITL-6DE-1A) and directly connected to our local network which was working flawlessly. Then we moved this IP terminal phone to our remote office and connected via the VPN but its almost 2 days now of troubleshooting and no-luck. It says server not found. I am only using the Web pro to do the programming. Is there anyone can shade a light on how to configure on the SV8100 via VPN. I already do the port forwarding on 5060,5080,5081 on our router but still no luck. Thanks
You should be looking at the phone programming. Sounds like something isn't right on the phone.
Posted By: dans Re: NEC SV8100 and DT700 IP Terminal via VPN - 09/20/13 10:02 PM
Confirm the port on the IP phone is 5080
Hi guys thanks for the reply. The port is 5080. The phone is an IP Phone. I just wondering if there is any other configuration from the sv8100.
This is what I did on the Phone. I follow some instruction I found on this forum as well. This is what I did.

1. I Disable DHCP Mode

2. I assign IP Address for local network eg. below
IP Address: 192.168.100.100
Subnetmask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.100.1

3. I Assign SIP Server Address (Sip Server Address & URI)
1st SIP Server (192.168.101.50 SV8100 from 10-12-09)

4. Then I change the port to 5080

5. I press Exit and Save
The phone reboots but it says server not found.
Is there anything that I missed. Please advice thanks.

Your VPN is blocking ports or is not routing properly then.
Posted By: johnny# Re: NEC SV8100 and DT700 IP Terminal via VPN - 09/24/13 09:39 PM
other port is 10020 to 10021,but if you are using VPN you don't need port forwarding.
Thanks Guys, I will review everything maybe I missed something. I will check what is blocking on my VPN or my routing table over the vpn. I will update you guys the progress..
I don't suppose you are using NAT? That gave us problems once.
are you able to ping/tracert the phone system from the remote site? are the subnets allowed to access each other in the VPN?

I would stick a wireshark at the phone end and see if there is any response form the phone system to start.

what about gateways? are they correct?
Thanks guys, My issue was resolved. It was on the programming side of SV8100.

Thanks for all the help smile
Can you please elaborate on your solution? We have exactly same problem. Same equipment. Phones work OK in the office and no connection over VPN. Everything else but phones works over the VPN.
Posted By: BIGT Re: NEC SV8100 and DT700 IP Terminal via VPN - 11/04/13 03:58 PM
Sometimes I find that you have to delete the IP phone in programming under 90-23. Also I find at times setting a phone to a static IP address for the local LAN helps. I have some IP phones over a VPN that will run for months and then all of a sudden the phone will not be able to find the SIP Server and I have to change the IP address to get them to come back up. It is very strange.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help