atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: chriserasmo Duplicate Register Port >>> EXT-XXX - 10/14/13 11:20 PM
Hello guys its me again my vpn issue was solved and i am facing another issue, I have an IP DTerm registration issue. I am using only web interface to program as I do not have PCPro. My system is NEC SV8100 with IP DTerm phone DT700 series. The issue is every extension I used it says Duplicate Register port. Below is the complete setting on what I did. I saw some video using PCPRO but i don't have one.

11-02 :Extension Numbering
I select the existing extension that are not being used. In my
case i select 831

10-46 :DT700 Server information setup
01: Plug and Play

15-05: IP Phone basic setup
I select the free extension 831 from dropdown list

02: I enter the MAC Address of my IP DTerm phone
27: put the personal ID index = 2 (correspond to 84-22)

84-22: DT700 Logon information
ID Index UserID Pass
001 830 830-----> already registered via vpn
002 831 831----->I select

Then I manually put into the DT700 phone the user Settings
USerID: 831
Pass: 831
Extension: 831

Then I got this message
"Duplicate Register Port >>> EXT-831"
Posted By: dans Re: Duplicate Register Port >>> EXT-XXX - 10/15/13 01:07 PM
You have to use PC Pro to set what extensions will be used for IP phones.
Posted By: paulw Re: Duplicate Register Port >>> EXT-XXX - 10/15/13 07:57 PM
Try setting the MAC address to all zeros. It sounds like you have preprogrammed the fone with PCPro but the only time I have seen something like this is when a MAC address has been set..
Posted By: doghart Re: Duplicate Register Port >>> EXT-XXX - 10/17/13 12:27 AM
Try Paul's solution in 15-05, if that doesn't work try the de-register IP phone in 90-XX.

You can program IP phones without PC pro... If you assign the phone in 11-02, then, at the phone, register the phone to that extension, then go beck into webpro and complete the phone programming.

D
Posted By: dans Re: Duplicate Register Port >>> EXT-XXX - 10/17/13 01:54 PM
I may have given bad advise, but in my defense when setting up a new IP phone or phones isn't the procedure in PC Pro you have to go to unregistered phones and specify what unused ports should be added as IP phones?
Posted By: doghart Re: Duplicate Register Port >>> EXT-XXX - 10/18/13 02:09 AM
You can do it either way.

If you are building a new system or adding a lot of phones you may want to use PcPro because it's easier to setup multiple phones that way.

If I'm just adding one or two IP stations to an existing system, then I do it all by going back and forth in Webpro and the phone menu.

No right or wrong way, just personal preference.

D
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help