atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: telecom guy10 NEC Electra Elite 48 Voicemail - 10/21/14 06:25 AM
Hi all,

I recently set up an NEC Electra Elite 48 system with four phones as a hobbyist system to toy with. I got it from a technology recycling company on eBay. I plan on using it myself, but the previous voicemail settings from the company it came from are still on the system. Is there a way I can administratively reset the entire voicemail system to defaults? I'd like to practice programming the auto attendant prompts and how calls are routed.

The voicemail system is an EliteMail VMS 10/20.

Before anyone responds, I must emphasize that this is a hobbyist system and will not ever be used in a professional business environment. I am not here in an attempt to get administrator passwords to tamper with other people's equipment.

I appreciate any input.

Thanks all.

V/R,

Scott
Posted By: telecom guy10 Re: NEC Electra Elite 48 Voicemail - 10/22/14 03:27 AM
[Linked Image from joshwilltravel.files.wordpress.com]

Anyone? Anyone?

I don't have the CoSessions software, so you guys are really my only resource with this. I just need to default the voicemail system, that's all...
Posted By: nec-guru Re: NEC Electra Elite 48 Voicemail - 10/22/14 03:30 PM
The NEC EliteMail is a very old DOS application. If you PM me, I can try to get you the software. However, this software is not supported on any 64bit platform as well as Windows 7/8, etc. Also, any support on this forum for this software or VM, will be spotty at best.
Posted By: telecom guy10 Re: NEC Electra Elite 48 Voicemail - 10/22/14 08:47 PM
That would be great! Thank you!
Posted By: doghart Re: NEC Electra Elite 48 Voicemail - 10/23/14 04:19 PM
You'll need co-sessions to get the system to the DOS menu.
Once there there is an option to reset the card back to the factory settings.
The only thing that will not default is the Opening Box greeting. It will keep whatever is currently recorded in it.

D
Posted By: telecom guy10 Re: NEC Electra Elite 48 Voicemail - 10/23/14 10:48 PM
That's not big deal. So long as I can login and re-record it, that isn't an issue. I just don't want people who call my home line getting a message that thanks them for calling a Texas energy company office, lol!
Posted By: telecom guy10 Re: NEC Electra Elite 48 Voicemail - 10/25/14 02:22 AM
Got what I needed! Thanks nec-guru!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help