atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Yoda SL1100 - Voicemail - 11/04/14 10:24 PM
I thought I had everything ready when I programmed the system on the bench. I know I pressed the VM softkey and was prompted for greetings and other configuration options. I left messages and retrieved them. But now that I've hung the system on my customer's equipment room wall, I get a busy signal when I press the VM softkey.

I had some very limited experience with a couple of DSX40 voicemails. They were so easy the customer could set them up themselves. I was hoping for the same with the 1100. I don't need any auto attendant or call routing. Just a few mailboxes.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Jim
Posted By: paulw Re: SL1100 - Voicemail - 11/04/14 11:31 PM
The InMail CF card hasn't fallen out has it??
Posted By: Ken B Re: SL1100 - Voicemail - 11/04/14 11:58 PM
Re-seat the InMail card & re-boot
Posted By: Yoda Re: SL1100 - Voicemail - 11/06/14 01:37 AM
I looked at the InMail card today. It looked and felt like it was plugged in, but I removed it and reseated it. It felt like a solid connection. Then I did a hard reset. After the reboot, voicemail worked fine. I uploaded my database and voicemail quit working. Get a fast busy when the VM softkey is pressed.

I must have changed something that killed voicemail. But I sure don't know what it was.

Jim
Posted By: Ken B Re: SL1100 - Voicemail - 11/06/14 03:12 AM
Did you change the pilot number for group 32? If so, does it match the expected digits in 11-01? Have you changed the active ports in Group 32 in 16-02? If all of that looks ok, then it may be that the initialization prior to beginning programming didn't take and your database is corrupt - may need to re-initialize again and re-program from scratch.
Posted By: Yoda Re: SL1100 - Voicemail - 11/06/14 01:09 PM
I haven't done anything with those programs, Ken. They are all at default.

It must be a system wide thing, as various extensions act the same way. Really hate to reprogram from scratch just to see if it helps. But if that's the only way . . .
Posted By: dans Re: SL1100 - Voicemail - 11/06/14 01:42 PM
Check the saved data base you used to upload after the hard reset, answer will be there.
Posted By: Toolie Re: SL1100 - Voicemail - 11/06/14 02:38 PM
If you changed the extension numbering to use "300" series numbers (3 digit extensions)- you will need to change the VM pilot number - which defaults to 3999.

I did that on a system and spent a couple hours trying to figure out why I lost voicemail. I changed the VM pilot to "399." and it worked fine.

Also had one of these have the voicemail quit working when I made some programming changes on site. It was running an older system software, and although I don't recall the exact circumstances - I ended up having to upgrade the software to get it to recognize Intramail with the changes I had made..........
Posted By: Yoda Re: SL1100 - Voicemail - 11/07/14 03:12 AM
Got it working! I ended up making a trouble ticket with NTAC and they pointed me in the right direction. Their first item to check was the culprit. Program 47-01-17 sets the ports for InMail. I had it set to something other than the default.

I believe that when I first looked at this program, I clicked in the drop down box to look at the choices. Then I clicked out of the field and rolled the mouse wheel to move to the top of the page. But the mouse wheel rolled the choices on me. When I finally clicked in another program, I had already changed the ports in 47-01-17 without knowing it.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Jim

© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help